Where do I post fixes to misconfigurations in the code base?

• In /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/storagedevice.inc
    on line 57 it says $this->_vendor = trim(file_get_contents($filename));.

I believe this should be changed to return trim(file_get_contents($filename));.

I've also changed the method "getSerialNumber" so that "SCSI_IDENT_SERIAL" takes higher priority in case there is one, as this is the correct case in a ARECA RAID card environment AFAIK.

See full code:

But my real question is, where do I share this?

EDIT:

Found out that the device's serial in udevadm info could also be parameter "ID_SCSI_SERIAL" as well.
    I'm not sure all the possibilities but seems like looks pretty unpromising...

Kind regards

• I think you are right here in the first place. @votdev will read it sometime and decide what to do.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

The getVendor issue will be fixed, but i'm not sure that i want to include the getSerial improvement in the generic class. I think we need to implement a backend for ARECA devices to handle that specific behaviour there. Something like https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/537 for the arcmsr driver. Please open a issue for that and provide as much information as possible to detect the RAID device in a generic way via UDEV and sysfs.

• The getVendor issue will be fixed, but i'm not sure that i want to include the getSerial improvement in the generic class. I think we need to implement a backend for ARECA devices to handle that specific behaviour there. Something like https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/537 for the arcmsr driver. Please open a issue for that and provide as much information as possible to detect the RAID device in a generic way via UDEV and sysfs.

Got it, thanks.

• Thanks Votdev, I was just looking into it.

I'm currently having some trouble identifying the ARECA card from the udevadm.
    Can you spot something I'm not?:

I've written a python code that traverses the tree executing "udevadm info -q property" but this is not very efficient way to do this...

Kind regards

• Hello guys,

after discussing the issue i have after the migration to OMV5 from an OMV4 running installation that my S.M.A.R.T. menu throw me an error (here), i am posting here the result of some commands asked by votdev from my HP Smart Array P822 turned in HBA mode and using JBOD SAS hard drives. From the beginning this adapter is set like that while starting with OMV 4, and i was able to see all my drives connected to it before.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!