Serviio Media Streaming Server
Serviio, OpenJDK 8 JRE, dcraw, ffmpeg
This tutorial describes how to install and configure Serviio on OpenMediaVault 4.x. The installation is done as the root user.
1. Download the current version of Serviio. Unpack the gzipped tarball and rename the folder to serviio. Move the folder to /usr/share/serviio.
2. Create the Serviio service account. This account is restricted to no login and to run as a service. Change ownership of the serviio folder and subdirectories to the serviio user and group.
3. Install the necessary packages.
4. We will need to add the systemd script. You may use your favorite editor of choice. In this example, nano is used.
5. Copy the code below and paste it into the open nano window in the terminal. Save it (Ctrl-o) and exit (Ctrl-x) the editor.
6. Enable Serviio to start automatically at boot
Is Serviio up and running? Check the status with this command.
The command should show that Serviio is running. If it is not, Verify steps 1 to 6 and try again. If Serviio is still not up and running, please consult the Serviio FAQ or the Serviio forum.
7. Launch the web console by navigating to http://<your IP or DNS address>:23423/console/
Questions / Problems / Discussions ?
Just navigate to the Serviio installation guide discussion thread.
Version 1.4: 14.11.2017 - Updated for Serviio 1.9. All previous versions for OMV 3.x and below have been removed.
Version 1.3.2 08.08.2016 - Updated for Serviio 1.7.
Version 1.3.1 23.04.2016 - Updated for Serviio 1.6.1.
Version 1.3: 10.03.2016 - Updated for Serviio 1.6. Cleaned up installation steps. Removed Web UI as Serviio has it's own. Changed install directory to /usr/share/serviio to align with future plugin.
Version 1.2: 10.04.2015 - Updated for Serviio 1.5.2. Reformatted to OMV guide template by @topi. Removed install license step.
Version 1.1: 25.02.2015 - Updated for Serviio 1.5.1.
Version 1.0: 08.11.2014 - Removed Sardaukar(OMV 0.5.x) instructions. Removed FFmpeg install from repository. Removed Oracle Java 7 installation steps.
Version 1.4 // @shadowzero // 12 Nov 2017