Can't add new Shared Folders - "Internal Server Error"

• I recently upgraded from OMV4 to OMV5 and am still sorting out how to re-setup docker and understand portainer.

I attempted to add a new sharedfolder to install Docker on and got this error when trying to add a new sharedfolder... please see attached.

I have no idea how to debug this ... is there any guidance someone can provide? Thank you!

• Try clearing your browser cache.

Strong suggestion: Never use shared folders with anything to do with dockers. Use the fully qualified filesystem path instead.

You can delete your own posts. Just press edit the post and press the More Options button. Look for the Delete post section.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Strong suggestion: Never use shared folders with anything to do with dockers. Use the fully qualified file path instead.

You can delete your own posts. Just press edit the post and press the More Options button. Look for the Delete post section.

Thanks - cache cleared.

I usually use the fully qualified file path... but I can't even create the folder. This isn't about installing Docker, but literally just being able to create a new shared folder.

I believe this is the same error message:

TS140 70A4 - Xeon E3-1225V3 3.2 GHz - 4 GB ECC RAM - 5 WD Red 3 TB HDD

Strong suggestion: Never use shared folders with anything to do with dockers. Use the fully qualified file path instead.

Thanks - cache cleared.

I usually use the fully qualified file path... but I can't even create the folder. This isn't about installing Docker, but literally just being able to create a new shared folder.

I believe this is the same error message:

Also, this is the only option I get when trying to Edit a post:

• You are trying to edit the thread. You need to edit the post instead.

You said: "I attempted to add a new sharedfolder to install Docker on...."

I said don't so that. In fact OMV 5 will not allow you to select a shared folder for the Docker base path. But it won't prevent you from using shared folders within a docker, so you will need to remember to not do that.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks, gderf ... I was able to delete posts. Sorry, misunderstanding.

I was following Techno Dad Life's OMV 5 Nextcloud via Docker video and he linked directly to the shared folders ... this is not have I've done it before; I've gone to the base path.

In the mean time, I can't seem to find a way to even create a shared folder. Just hoping for some help with the issue. Thanks, again!

• The videos by Techno Dad Life (TDL) you are watching are not recent. His early videos used shared folders with dockers, and maybe he got away with it, but many others had problems, and TDL no longer recommends this. I believe the OMV author @votdev also had something to say about this, but I can't find the post.

Adding a shared folder is very straight forward. Exactly what is going wrong other than that huge error message which can't all be about the problem?

--

• The videos by Techno Dad Life (TDL) you are watching are not recent. His early videos used shared folders with dockers, and maybe he got away with it, but many others had problems, and TDL no longer recommends this. I believe the OMV author @votdev also had something to say about this, but I can't find the post.

Adding a shared folder is very straight forward. Exactly what is going wrong other than that huge error message which can't all be about the problem?

Thanks, gderf

Steps to reproduction are:

• Go to Shared Folders
    • Click "Add"
    • Choose a name ("Docker") and the Device (see image below)
    • Set Permissions
    • Save
    • Apply Changes
    • Error I posted above

Here is the image from step 3:

• Should I just start over with a fresh OMV5 install vs. going with the OMV4 upgrade? I seem to be running into several issues... I believe all my Docker images are gone already, anyway, and I don't mind setting up the 1-2 users and fileshares again. I just don't want to lose the data I have on my hardware raid. Would that data still be available?

• I can't reproduce your problem so I don't know what else to say.

I suppose it's possible to run into weird problems when doing an upgrade from a previous version, and frankly I'd say I have been very luck so far. My current OMV started out at v2, then upgraded to v3, then upgraded to v4, then upgraded to v5. The upgrade from v2 to v3 was difficult and it took me several tries to get it to complete. The rest just worked. I have files and directories on the system disk dated as early as June 9, 2015 ! I have far to much invested in my install to just blow it off and start over with a fresh install from scratch. If I can't upgrade I'll stay put.

But if you have a minimal investment in you current install you could just start over from scratch and see what happens. I have quite a few 16GB SSDs handy so I don't have to blow my current installation disk away.

The standard recommendation is to protect your data drives by disconnecting their cables when doing an upgrade from a previous version. Then once you have it all squared away you can reconnect the data drives and import the RAID (I don't use RAID myself, but supposedly the import is straight forward).

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!