omvzsfs plugin zfs set spamming

• I'm on omv 4.1.31-1. I installed proxmox kernel and zfs, created a zpool manually (for more control over how the raidz2 was created) and it showed up in the openzfs plugin in omv so I haven't touched anything in the plugin itself other than to note that my zpool was there (and the underlying datasets) and have been using it with a few bumps (bad cable causing udma cmc error that is now fixed). When I look at zpool history there's constant spamming in there with zfs set commands, I assume from the plugin and I'm curious how to get this to stop.

An example of the spam, this is just the latest it happens every minute or two:

Also, it set off a zfs scrub last night, where do I configure when that should happen, as I don't see anything in the scheduled jobs plugin or in the zfs plugin for that and would like to make sure it doesn't happen again until I'm done moving all my data to the drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There's one automated scrub per month, that's set as part of the plugin install.

I looked at my own zfs history and noted the uuid entries as well. (recent history attached) Some are less than a minute apart, some are days apart. This could be triggered by something like a write to the pool. Do you have something automated, that's writing to the pool on a regular basis?

Unless you're having problems, I wouldn't worry about it.

zfs.txt

• I'm currently copying all my data from elsewhere to this zfs pool into a few of the datasets. Do you know where I can change the scrub settings? I don't see anything in crontab on omv or in my root crontab.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at this location/file:
    /etc/cron.d/zfsutils-linux

It's set for the second Sunday of the month.
    I left the default scrub in place and set a zpool status command in Scheduled Tasks, for the day after the scrub, to get the scrub results E-mailed to me.

zpool scrub ZFS1
    zpool scrub -s ZFS1 #stop a scrub#
    zpool status -v ZFS1

BTW: To get a close approximation of posix permissions/acl's, extra attributes etc., you might want to run the following commands on your pool before you copy data onto it. The compression line is optional but it might save you some space. (Where the name of the pool is ZFS1)

zfs set aclinherit=passthrough ZFS1
    zfs set acltype=posixacl ZFS1
    zfs set xattr=sa ZFS1
    zfs set compression=lz4 ZFS1

Once you're set up, you might be interested in automated snapshots. If so, this may be interesting to you -> autosnap.

• Thanks, I did those already, lz4 saved a ton of space on config dirs. They are all very good advice

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!