So Early next week, I'll be putting together my new OMV server. Can't freakin' wait
The hardware will be as follows:
- Pentium Gold G5400 CPU
- ASUS Z390M-Pro TUF Gaming WiFi mobo
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- 128GB NVMe SSD for boot
- Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607-A21 LSI SAS2008 Controller in IT Mode
- Mellanox ConnectX-3 10GbE PCIe NIC
- (6) Seagate Iron Wolf 4TB HDD
- (1) WD 12TB Red HDD (will add another in the future - only have about 11TB of data on it)
- Fractial Design Node 804 Case
- Corsair SF450 Platinum PSU (Great cables on this puppy)
Install all 7 HDDs into the Case.
I'll create a software RAID 0 with the 6 Iron Wolfs
Move 11TB of data from the WD Red drive onto the 24TB RAID 0 array
Leave the 12TB WD Red as a standalone backup drive inside the system
Right now, the WD drive is running on an ODROID-HC2
Looking to do this not only for capacity, but also for speed over a 10GbE network
I figure having the 12TB Red internally should make backing up the data from the RAID array pretty quick. Eventually I'll get another 12TB Red to be able to backup the full capacity of the RAID array.
I'm pretty good with hardware, but software/networking is sometimes my Achilles Heel.
Need Help: Trying to find a plugin that would automatically backup individual folders from the RAID array to the standalone WD Red 12TB drive (drives eventually).
Thanks! - Apologies for the long-winded setup. Any/all suggestions welcome (hardware/software/network-wise).