HELP - Import Files from OMV 4/ODroid HC2 to new OMV5 server

• Here's my situation:

I was using a WD Red 12TB HDD with my Odroid HC2, a Data drive. Not sure if it matters, but HC2 was running OMV4. This 12TB Data drive should be formatted EXT4, nothing exotic, no partitioning, etc. This drive has all my Movies, TV shows, software, etc.

I recently built a new OMV Server running OMV 5, 6 x 4TB drive software RAID 0 array. I removed the 12TB drive from the HC2 & installed it in my new server, thinking it would be faster to move the files internally to the RAID array from the 12TB HDD over the internal SATA bus than over the network (if I'd kept the 12TB drive in the HC2).

How do I "import" the 12TB drive into my new server without formatting it, so that I can transfer all my data from the 12TB drive to the RAID array?

I'm trying to avoid having to put the 12TB drive back into the HC2 to transfer the files over my network (server has 10GbE, but HC2 is only GbE).

Thanks

• Never Mind - figured it out:

The 12TB drive is actually formatted as BTRFS. Found it under the Disks menu. Didn't notice it since it wasn't mounted. Now looks like all I have to do in import the shared folders & should be GTG :)

• Hello

If anyone has the opportunity to try formatting a 12TB hard disk in EXT4, as I had problems doing it on OMV5.

I've got an error message with atary partition... (I don't have the exact message anymore)

I did the test with 2 different hard disks, then when I came back to OMV4, everything was fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!