Scheduled job that sends email

• Hi, I wrote a simple bash script that checks my ip, verify if it is the same of the one written in a .txt file, if yes exits otherwise it update the ip address in the .txt file and sends me an email.

What happen is that I receive the mail and others 2 email from OMV with subject "Mail Delivery Status Report" and body

Code
    This is the mail system at host raspberrypi.localdomain.

Enclosed is the mail delivery report that you requested.

Why?
    How could I avoid to receive delivery status report?

• Hi,

I had the same problem (OMV 5.6.21-2) and found out that OMV-integrated Mail Notification System somehow interfered with sendmail.

If I turned Mail Notifications off in GUI, sending mail from CLI by using sendmail didn´t work anymore.

Since I wanted to keep built-in Mail Notifications anyway, I turned it on in GUI again.

The solution is to use mailx instead of sendmail.

It is still necessary to keep Mail Notifications turned on in GUI, but that´s fine. I guess you could somehow manage without it but I see OMV as a "black box" appliance and while I like to add scripts etc., I don´t want to change too much under the hood, which will just cause trouble at updates etc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!