openmediavault-drivemon

• Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but anyway.

Recently I have created an OMV plugin that I was personally missing.
    I have my raid array on spindown (like a lot of people I think). With this plugin you can see the current state of your drives (spun up/spin down)
    And shutdown a or multiple drives.

Next to seeing the current state it also monitors the drive using collectd. This way you can see what your drives have done in the past hour, day, week and month in the services tab. Because of this it is way easier to spot if a random docker is spinning up your drives regularly without you knowing about it.

For anyone wondering what their disks are doing I think this plugin can be useful. If a docker does a disk scan or anything and causes the drives to spin up at regular intervals it can be spotted with these graphs.

I have been running the plugin for over a week now and haven't seen any problems so far neither extra cpu usage.

The plugin is currently available in the omv-extras arrakis testing repo for amd64.

Since I am running OMV 4 myself I have only created the plugin for OMV 4 so far. If the interest in this plugin is large enough I will work on a port for OMV 5 later.

I would love any feedback regarding the plugin.

• I've get some errors with this plugin, and after uninstall it's dissapears.
    OMV4.1.34-1 with 4.15.18-25-pve kernel

Errors:

The rescue of one animal will not change the world, but the world will certainly changed for this animal.

• Its Proxmox kernel from OMV-Extras / Kernel tab. With newer one my ZFS pool not workin' properly.

The rescue of one animal will not change the world, but the world will certainly changed for this animal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!