Help with Plex Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably explains the problems being seen.

And having a plugin would not fix this.

Clear speech. That's all I wanted to know. Thanks.

Not trying to be harsh but I haven't worked on the plugin in over two years. I really would try to figure out why docker is slow because it shouldn't be (docker isn't virtualization). Maintaining plex on your native install is a pain that docker would alleviate.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not trying to be harsh but I haven't worked on the plugin in over two years...

No, you were not rude at all to me, just honest. I just wanted to know whether it is worth the wait. I'm sorry for my writing is equivocal.
    My friend (Google) who helps me with translation, doesn't know my mother tongue well. So, sometimes my thoughts are not exactly described. :thumbup:

• I hate this plugin. So, it will not be coming back. All it does is generate support issues here on the forum. And the fact that docker would be slower makes no sense.

Really ? I have been using your plugin for a long time and never needed a video card or extra ssd drive to do my transcoding . After 2 drives in my array died i was left with starting over , so reinstalled omv 4 because omv 5 stable will not run right on my server, I find your plugin no longer works. Now to install docker , everything installed and plex is up and running again and now it will not transcode. Remove noexec to fix transcoding problem ? O thats just wonderful ! that can and will lead into some having to un reference everything and remake the shares, so even more to fix. I understand that many people had problems with your plugin but many did not. Your plugin was the only reason i was using omv . Docker sucks there are always other things that need to be fixed for them to work good. very sad to see your plugin go so now i must go with it. bye bye omv

• Remove noexec to fix transcoding problem ? O thats just wonderful ! that can and will lead into some having to un reference everything and remake the shares, so even more to fix.

I don't know where you got this idea but it is flat out wrong.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

understand that many people had problems with your plugin but many did not. Your plugin was the only reason i was using omv . Docker sucks there are always other things that need to be fixed for them to work good. very sad to see your plugin go so now i must go with it. bye bye omv

Your problems with docker as minor compared to the years of support I have had with the plex plugin. And since you can install plex from a .deb or add their repo to install natively, you have options outside of docker. I'm just not going to waste significant amounts of my time to support plex which I don't use or like.

i was talking about the omv-salt command to fix fstab and how it screws up the unionFS mountpoints

Uh, screws up mountpoints? There is a weird saltstack issue where it fails to remount mountpoints if they are in use. We changed the plugin to not remount if already mount (requires a reboot now if you change something). But nothing is screwing up the mountpoint itself.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your problems with docker as minor compared to the years of support I have had with the plex plugin. And since you can install plex from a .deb or add their repo to install natively, you have options outside of docker. I'm just not going to waste significant amounts of my time to support plex which I don't use or like.

Uh, screws up mountpoints? There is a weird saltstack issue where it fails to remount mountpoints if they are in use. We changed the plugin to not remount if already mount (requires a reboot now if you change something). But nothing is screwing up the mountpoint itself.

Thank you I didnt know this, (so foot in mouth) im just upset that im having problems with docker and was blessed that i was able to run omv for as long as i did with zero problems and now I have nothing but road blocks keeping me from getting plex to run the way id did before all the changes. I understand nothing last forever , things change. So the last thing i will ask is i have 2 systems that run plex both with your plugin , the one i was trying to fix i get it it will never run that plugin again , but the second system is still using your plugin with no problems should i worry that this also will stop running the way it is now if i run updates to the omv? or updating plex?

• good day

Sorry for my bad English

After a clean installation of OMV. The plex plugin threw me an error in its execution, installed from a web browser. Quite the contrary if installed from shell

sudo apt install openmediavault-plexmediaserver and everything ok. This is also valid in reinstallations as long as any traces of plex are deleted on the system.

I'm a novice with this technology, but this has always worked for me.

Plex takes advantage of my server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!