I'm setting up my OMV 5 on my raspberry Pi 4 and i want to mount a shared folder from my WD CLOUD HOME NAS.
I did the following steps:
1. install the remote mount plugin on OMV5 and on Remote mount option i did the following:
Mount type: SMB/CIFS
Server: (ip address from my WD CLOUD HOME NAS)
Share: INBOX (the folder name that i want and exists on the public folder path: \\192.168.1.5\Public\INBOX)
Username: Nothing here
Password: Nothing here
Options: _netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0,nofail (it is de default)
2. shared folder tab added the device and folder
3. SMB/CIFS tab i added the share:
Public: Only Guests
and Enable permission ineritance "yes" and everything else as default
- I can find the shared path on my windows machine but i dont have any permitions to create folders inside, etc.
- I setup a portainer with qbitorrent with a stack and i setup the path for the download folders with the absolute path given from OMV5 and nothing happens
- On my step 1 i tried to setup with different users and password created on OMV (example: admin, or jr) but i have the same issue.
I dont understand too much about networking but it seems to me that the issue here is some sort of permition on my WD CLOUD HOME NAS, with sMB/CIFS protocol or something like that.
Any help will be appreciated.