JDownloader2 on OMV5

• Damn! True! It was so easy, i didn't see this button!

ok

Question: In the left bottom corner new version of portainer is available

If i click on that the link bring me to gith hub. And now? How can i use the files to update portainer?

To clarify the Summary:

1) Portainer

1a) using the GUI of Portainer by filling the different fields (like tech dad do right? fill map addictional volume, env, labels and so on but you need to know all the parameters that i m sure i don't know). So for to do it, i need use ONLY the menu: Containers

1b) by copy/paste the content of a docker-compose.yml as discussed before. In that case I need to use ONLY the menu: stacks

1c) by using one of the provided Templates ("Add Templates" menue in Portainer). Just ready in a list (somebody prepared it)

But however an app created by stacks, containers or with a ready template works in the same way, it's just how i setup it and build it the first time

2) CLI (Command Line Interface)

2a) using a docker command

2b) using a docker-compose.yml file and executing it using docker-compose

3) Cockpit (similar to Portainer, but less functionality regarding docker)

Question: if i want use CLI i need use a software like putty right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Question: In the left bottom corner new version of portainer is available

If i click on that the link bring me to gith hub. And now? How can i use the files to update portainer?

To update Portainer, just go to the GUI of OMV --> omv-extras --> Docker --> Portainer Dropdown Menue --> Install

From the comment in the GUI:

"Install Portainer will update Portainer to the latest image if the image already exists."

But however an app created by stacks, containers or with a ready template works in the same way, it's just how i setup it and build it the first time

Correct. Portainer is just a GUI for docker. No matter how you setup the container you will end up with the same.

Question: if i want use CLI i need use a software like putty right?

Correct. On Windows you can use Putty as third party software. But you can also use cmd or PowerShell which are part of WIndows.

For example: Click the Windows logo and type "cmd". Best match will show "command prompt". Click on it and a new window opens.

In the window type

ssh user@ip.of.your.nas Replace user by a user that is member of the ssh group and ip.of.your.nas by the, well, the IP of your NAS.

Also have a look at the new user guide which is linked in my Signature. If you do not see a signature, enable seeing signatures in your settings for the Forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

BTW: container can be updated automatically by Watchtower (however, Portainer cannot be updated this way and you have to install it from OMV as described above)

[How-To] Install Watchtower container using OMV and docker-compose

You can use the code from the HowTo without modification. There is nothing to adjust. In the HowTo there is also a link to the source for additional information.

• ah ok for the update i can do like the first installation of portainer

I was scared that it would reset all the applications created because i wasn't sure that portainer is just a gui, now i know it:

I updated now and it works perfectly fine ;)

For the CLI i can use three way on Windows:

1) Putty (third part software)

2) Powershell (part of windows)

3) cmd (part of windows)

I imagine that in each case i need entry as a root

In my life i have just a little of experience with command (ipconfig, ping, regedit and little things like this following some guides to fix mistakes in windows)

I never used Powershell

And i use putty (as techdad method in the plex installation videoguide) only just discover my value of PUID and PGID ( i have not at all idea what they are)

I followed the videoguide two weekds ago for this things:

1) I install the OMV 5 stable (video techdad)

2) With gparted live on USB (video tech dad) i separed the ssd in two partition (OS and usable space), The system didn't give me mistakes to fix it

3) I installed plex by portainer (video techdad)

4) I installed Qbittorrent by portainer (video techdad)

Now i miss:

1) Find the interface of qbittorrent because i see that it s running on portainer but if i go to: ip address: port 8080 the webpage doesn't work/exist

2) Install jdownloader. I need decide the best way in docker (and the right parameters to pur inside)

• Offizieller Beitrag

1) Find the interface of qbittorrent because i see that it s running on portainer but if i go to: ip address: port 8080 the webpage doesn't work/exist

Do you have something else running on the same port (8080)?

• Any chance to install jdownloader on docker (or not) and access web interface via LAN instead the website?

Website is veeeeery laggy for me, and i don't achieve via LAN (I forwarded the doors and activated upnp) =/

Sry for my bad english haha

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can i discover it?

If you have not used this port for another docker it is unlikely it is used.

Have you checked the log files? There is a button in portainer for each container you are running.

• I have this on the log of qbittorrent

I read plex media server in che code... if it is qbittorrent application that it's not normal i think

• :?::/:?:

Very strange. Try another qbittorrent container?

Solved. I deleted and recreate from zero the container

Probably before i did some mistakes and i didn't know

But now i have another problem inside the application:

1) where the downloaded files go

2) where the incomplete files go

I followed the videoguide of techno dad but in my dowload folder (download disk) there are not files and also in qbittorrent app, i see: freespace 13.21 GB (like is the system is using the ssd of os as a downloading folder, but there are only /config there)

Maybe the incomplete files go in the /config folders?

However i don't see any of these files

• Have you specified a /download bind?

Yes i did like the instructions...

But when i add a magnet link i have:

save files to location: /downloads/ and that's it

In theory this folder doesn't exist... I didn't see it nowhere and i don't see a button to change the right directory (maybe i could put inside and write it with just folders and slash?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the right side you have the docker path.

On the left side you have the host path (the path on your server)

If you do not find the files in the /ser/dev-disk-by-label..../..../downloads

folder, I have no idea. Sorry.

• I'm sorry but i have read ALL off this and between OMV4 an 5 the difference is realy BIG
    Why can we just can't find jdownloader in the plusggins?
    Docker, Portnair is realy different
    When i try with portnair he ask me a "docker.io" image i just can't find it to try to make a container

Rasbery pi 4 (4go), OMV 5.5.5-1(usul), rasbian mini on 32Go SD 100MO/sec, kernel 5.4.51-V7I+, data on intenso 5TO usb3 32MOcache

• I'm sorry but i have read ALL off this and between OMV4 an 5 the difference is realy BIG

Docker, Portnair is realy different

When i try with portnair he ask me a "docker.io" image i just can't find it to try to make a container
    jdownloader is a realy simple basic JAR and in OMV it is not possible to install it???

Rasbery pi 4 (4go), OMV 5.5.5-1(usul), rasbian mini on 32Go SD 100MO/sec, kernel 5.4.51-V7I+, data on intenso 5TO usb3 32MOcache

• Offizieller Beitrag

We can if you (or someone else) maintains the plugin. I have never maintained any of the downloader plugins. I think these plugins belong in a docker container rather than running on the host system.

'm sorry but i have read ALL off this and between OMV4 an 5 the difference is realy BIG

The visual part is but the parameters are the same. Did you watch -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

It is the same image as the video. I haven't watched to the video to tell you what that is. Maybe https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/jdownloader-2/

jdownloader is a realy simple basic JAR and in OMV it is not possible to install it???

OMV is Debian. If you can install it on Debian, then you can install it on OMV.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Failure

invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!