SMB shares work in Win7, not in Win10

• Moved some computers around and now need to access music folder using a Win10 system. (Two actually. One is on a domain and the other is not)
    The Win7 system pulls up the shares no issues.
    The Win10 systems continually indicate that my login in incorrect, no matter what I try to configure in OMV.

I've read the FAQ thread on this....I've scoured Google searches. Are things just broken right now with Win10 altogether or have I just not stumbled on the right thread to explain how to fix the issue?

TIA!

OMV 5.6.7-1 (Usul) Kernel 4.19.0-16-amd64 omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock , CPU: INTEL G3260T , DDR3:Crucial 4GB, OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3

• So have not run across that pdf yet.
    Problems though still.

For the non-domain computer, I'm still getting the message that the login (user name or password) is incorrect...after ensuring that it's configured according to that doc.

The domain computer has a different issue: Upon trying to add the registry entries via Powershell, it craps out with this message:

Code
    C:\Windows\system32> Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Paramters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 0 -Force
    Set-ItemProperty : Cannot find path 'HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Paramters' because it does
    not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanma ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (HKLM:\SYSTEM\Cu...erver\Paramters:String) [Set-ItemProperty], ItemNotFo
       undException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemPropertyCommand

There are no DWORD objects in the Parameters listing for SMB1, SMB2, SMB3.
    I even tried adding a DWORD object for "SMB1" and then running the command again. Same issue.

The domain connected system sees OMV in explorer, but when I attempt to connect, I get the usual login screen, but there's also a message at the bottom that says, "The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later"

[EDIT] Just saw the next section in the doc regarding guest logins being insecure. I made the change in the group policy to allow it now...but it takes a reboot and can't do that quite yet. Will find time to reboot and report back later on this system.

OMV 5.6.7-1 (Usul) Kernel 4.19.0-16-amd64 omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock , CPU: INTEL G3260T , DDR3:Crucial 4GB, OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ck42omv ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I made the change in the group policy to allow it now...but it takes a reboot and can't do that quite yet. Will find time to reboot and report back later on this system.

With Windows, changes to network settings, security policy changes or permissions setting changes, may require a reboot to take effect. (Even when Microsoft claims it's not required.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!