Can’t select sdcard directory for samba share

• Device : Raspberry 4 4gb ram
    Os: Raspbian buster elite with OMV 5 installed using script
    Issue: SDcard directory not listed down/can’t be selected when adding samba share

Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.

But I don’t see it listed under the drives selection.
    I’ve also selected the expand sdcard storage option in rasp-conf prior to installing OMV 5 beta.

Is there anything else i need to configure in the settings?

5F01133C-88FE-43F1-91AD-A8F04BDF98D0.png39D590D4-0241-41FB-890B-73ED62E52A43.png

• Hello, i wanted add shares folder from sdcard, basically as plex cache/nzbget temp folder before moving the files into external hdd.

Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.
    If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.

• Consider that SD cards have a limited number of writes possible. That is why we use the flashmemory-plugin.If/when the number of writes is exceeded your data will get corrupted. Which is bad if it happens on your OS filesystem. I would connect a SSD for that.

Yes, i intend to do exactly that. By cloning the sdcard into ssd

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!