rrdcached error messages after reboot

• I have set up a completely new x86_64 system including OMV 5.3.2. Everything worked out fine out of the box! :)

Just one little thing:

After every reboot I get two mails at the same time:

I checked rrdcached with
    systemctl status rrdcached
    Result: Service rrdcached is running.

syslog:

This just happens on reboot.
    So, is something messed up with the order of starting services on reboot?

• I've the same problem/situation.

output of /etc/default/rrdcached:

Hewlett-Packard HP t620 Quad Core TC (AMD GX-415GA SOC | 6GB)
    omv 5.5 (Usul) | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3

• My /etc/default/rrdcached looks exactly like Frepke's:

I will try omv-salt deploy run rrdcached asap.

• Running omv-salt deploy run rrdcached didn't solve the problem.

/etc/default/rrdcached now looks a bit different:

After a restart I got the 2 mails mentioned above again.

syslog (cat /var/log/syslog | grep rrdcached):

• output systemctl status rrdcached:

• Got this error after reboot

rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)

Hewlett-Packard HP t620 Quad Core TC (AMD GX-415GA SOC | 6GB)
    omv 5.5 (Usul) | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3

• Coming back to this issue.

After I saw a change in the changelog regarding /var/run -> /run, I updated OMV to 5.3.4.
    I checked /etc/default/rrdcached and still found /var/run in it.
    So I executed omv-salt deploy run rrdcached. After that the new paths to /run instead of /var/run appeared in the file.

I rebooted my system and still got those error mails.
    In the syslog I found several of these entries again:

What puzzles me is that it still tries to connect to /var/run/rrdcached.sock instead of /run/rrdcached.sock.

I searched my system for references to /var/run/rrdcached.sock (*.pid) and/or /var/run/collectd.socket.
    I found several references to /var/run in the files inside /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d.
    In addition I found in /etc/init.d/rrdcached (do we sill use init.d?): PIDFILE=${PIDFILE:-/var/run/${NAME}.pid}

Is it okay to change the paths in these files to see if that causes the error while booting? Or is there a command similar to omv-salt deploy run rrdcached in order to update the paths in /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d ?

• Partial success!

I redeployed collectd with omv-salt deploy run collectd und rebuild all with omv-salt stage run deploy as suggested.

I tried a reboot two times. In both cases no more error mails regarding rrdcached came in.

But i still see error messages in my syslog:

The path to the socket changed as wanted. But rrdcached still has problems while restarting.

I dug a little further and found this at GitHub:
    https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/1948
    So perhaps this is a problem on upstream side.

Whatever: After each restart the service rrdached is started slightly delayed.

• Hi,

Running OMV 5.5.3-1(usul)

I'm having a similar issue, I've tried the suggestions above but still getting this error over and over again in syslog:

OMV collectd[839]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)

I'm a very novice user so any help appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!