Portainer/Docker issues

• i have 10.6 may this have to do with?

My apps:

Last login: Thu Nov 26 20:20:39 2020 from 192.168.12.35

root@QNAPNAS:~# dpkg -l | grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.5.17-3 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-aoe 5.0 all ATA-over-ethernet plugin for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-apttool 3.6 all apt tool plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-autoshutdown 5.0.7 all OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin

ii openmediavault-backup 5.2.1 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.6-1 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-locate 3.5 all locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.4.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-remotemount 5.0.3 all Remote mount plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-resetperms 5.0 all Reset Permissions

ii openmediavault-sftp 5.0.6 all sftp server

ii openmediavault-sharerootfs 5.0.2-1 all openmediavault share root filesystem plugin

ii openmediavault-symlinks 3.1.5 all OpenMediaVault symlinks plugin

ii openmediavault-teamviewerhost 5.0 all Teamviewer Host plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-tftp 5.0.1-1 all openmediavault TFTP-Server plugin

ii openmediavault-wakealarm 5.0.2 all wakealarm plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-wol 3.4.2 all OpenMediaVault WOL plugin

ii openmediavault-zfs 5.0.5 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have 10.6 may this have to do with?

You are grasping at straws. I keep my systems fully up to date.

aaron@omv5dev:~$ cat /etc/debian_version

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron

this is even your solution:

#4 (openmediavault.org)

I have the solution that should be pinned much easily.

Proxmox Kernel with Docker = uninstall this: apt-get purge apparmor

Please pin that it's really amazing the many hours.! or build it somehow:

Original debian install and Docker install = PROXMOX Kernel = Auto Uninstall apparmor. that saves a lot of time and nerves.

and Time Server works XD

• NEW Fail:

Fehler #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --modify group:users:--x /QNAPZFS/ZFSDATA 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /QNAPZFS/ZFSDATA: Operation not supported in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(386): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

do you have any idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The default image and install script don't install apparmor. So, that is something you did or caused. Like I said, I can't fix everything that user error will cause.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

NEW Fail:

This should be a new thread but you are trying to set ACLs on zfs without having ACLs enabled. So, either don't use ACLs (my choice) and google how to enable ACLs on zfs.

• Hey Guys,

OMV has been installed 2 weeks ago onto my bananapi, after that I could install docker and portainer, setted up plex and some other containers. Portainer webui worked fine at that time, this week i wanted to check something on plex, but the portainer not reachable. tried to change port, update everything, even tried to reinstall portainer, but there is no change. In the meanwhile plex and everything working.

Have You guys any suggestion what to do?

• Hi,

Do you install omv on debian 10?

I also had this issue when I installed omv on debian 10.

not only portainer but also all docker container had not permission for listen port.

I gave up and re-installed via omv iso. The issue was resolved.

I can see the docker version is different.

Now my docker version is 18.09.1+dfsg1-7.1+deb10u2.

So I guess there is something wrong for docker when you install omv on debian.

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I guess there is something wrong for docker when you install omv on debian.

There shouldn't be any difference. If you use omv-extras to install docker, it is done the same either way. Based on your version, you installed docker from the Debian repos from the command line. omv-extras installs docker from Docker's repo.

• There shouldn't be any difference. If you use omv-extras to install docker, it is done the same either way. Based on your version, you installed docker from the Debian repos from the command line. omv-extras installs docker from Docker's repo.

I exactly install docker by omv-extras. But the docker version was different.

this is my procedure.

1. install debian buster

2. apt update && apt upgrade

3. install omv-extras

(3.5 install pve kernel. I tried both install and do not install )

4. install docker from webGUI

• Offizieller Beitrag

But the docker version was different.

What kind of system? Is it i386?

• Sorry to bump an old topic but I wanted to post the solution here, it was probably apparmor now default on default debian docker install which was hindering all default setups I had. Easy but ugly fix:

Code
    sudo systemctl stop apparmor
    sudo systemctl disable apparmor
    sudo apt remove --assume-yes --purge apparmor
    sudo reboot
  • Faced the same issue.

Just stopped working portainer and all containers stopped working, tried to pull manually - got error with apparmor.

error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH.

Fixed by installing it again.

After reboot and attempt finally was able to see list of containers, but of course they didn`t work because I use macvlan, but no portainer.

Installed portainer from omv-extras menu, see in log

Code
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24AM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:530 \u003e encryption key file not present | filename=portainer\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:14.930537032Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24AM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:549 \u003e proceeding without encryption key |\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:14.930594857Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24AM INF github.com/portainer/portainer/api/database/boltdb/db.go:124 \u003e loading PortainerDB | filename=portainer.db\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:14.930604804Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24:15 server: Reverse tunnelling enabled\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:15.182018293Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24:15 server: Fingerprint a0:46:ac:2f:78:5d:35:ab:17:5c:9e:c6:b1:e7:df:65\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:15.182084322Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24:15 server: Listening on 0.0.0.0:8000...\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:15.182097991Z"}
    {"log":"2023/02/04 01:24AM FTL github.com/portainer/portainer/api/cmd/portainer/main.go:704 \u003e failed starting tunnel server | error=\"listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8000: socket: permission denied\"\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2023-02-04T01:24:15.182133421Z"}

Still can not open Portainer and shows in docker list without any ports.

Tried chmod 777 /var/run/docker.sock - didn`t help,  sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 8000  show empty result.

How to fix it?

• Just removed apparmor rebooted and see only 2 containers

And can not install portainer at all... How it is possible, before I removed apparmor I had all containers but portainer doesn`t work, now nothing.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This thread is more than a year and a half old. You really should open a new one.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!