Upgrading Hardware to run a macOS VM and use it Remote Desktop only?

• Hi Everyone.
    I found the possibility to install VMs via VirtualBox. This raised a question in my mind:

Is it possible to run macOS in a VirtualBox machine using it remotely inside the home network?

If yes: Is there any VM specific Hardware I need (USB Card Special Motherboard)? Or can I just upgrade to 16 or 32 GB of RAM and a i5 or i7 instead of my Current Hardware?

I Managed, test wise, to install a Windows 10, but it runs very poorly with strange Video output.

Thanks in advance for your Ideas!

Version: 4.1.34-1 (Arrakis)
    Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64
    Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS
    3,5 GHz Intel Pentium G4560
    8 GB RAM
    Systemdisk: M.2 mit 32 GB
    RAID 5: 6x 3 TB

• You can easily find the answers to your questions by using Google.

The answers seem to be:

1. No, this is not possible without breaking the license agreement with Apple. To do this is a crime. A form of piracy. The only(?) thing that makes this impossible is the license agreement with Apple.

In other words, if you are willing to commit piracy then, yes it is possible.

2. You don't need anything special to do this criminal act. Everything is available online, except permission from Apple to do this.

For details about what you should not do, simply do a Google search for something like "install Mac on VirtualBox".

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!