FTP dont work

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras itself doesn't change anything that would affect ftp. Are you sure you are installing other things?

127.0.1.1: mod_ctrls/0.9.5: error: unable to bind to local socket: No such file or directory

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't replicate this. On a fresh install that has been fully updated, ftp starts just fine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you rebooted? This is probably happening because ftp isn't disabled on a fresh install. Either way, it has nothing to do with omv-extras and caused by the terrible proftpd init script that should be converted to a systemd unit file (debian problem).

• Have you rebooted? This is probably happening because ftp isn't disabled on a fresh install. Either way, it has nothing to do with omv-extras and caused by the terrible proftpd init script that should be converted to a systemd unit file (debian problem).

This happens just after a reboot.

If this problem cannot be solved, then it’s very sad

• Offizieller Beitrag

This happens just after a reboot.

Are you fully updating the system in the Updates tab before installing omv-extras? What kind of system? How did you install - use the ISO or is this an RPi?

If this problem cannot be solved, then it’s very sad

Can't be solved and can't be solved by a change I can make are two very different things. And it can't be something major because this is working two of my omv test boxes. Personally, I have never used ftp because there are much better choices out there.

Me too. Systemctl is meaning, port 21 is already taken.

If the port is already in use, either ftp is already running or something else is using the port. That doesn't sound like an OMV issue.

• Are you fully updating the system in the Updates tab before installing omv-extras? What kind of system? How did you install - use the ISO or is this an RPi?

Install using ISO. Before installing omv-exstras, I do a full update. Which system do I use? Well last cut omv 5

• Are you fully updating the system in the Updates tab before installing omv-extras? What kind of system? How did you install - use the ISO or is this an RPi?

Can't be solved and can't be solved by a change I can make are two very different things. And it can't be something major because this is working two of my omv test boxes. Personally, I have never used ftp because there are much better choices out there.

If the port is already in use, either ftp is already running or something else is using the port. That doesn't sound like an OMV issue.

Installed for x64 fresh install ISO

As descriped only after reboot. After boot I see port 21 is already taken. When I start it with systemctl restart proftp.service all is good.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!