Install to USB claims there's not enough space

• When doing an initial install, I get to the point where it asks what disk I want to install to. I have one USB drive that is the install media, one internal nvme disk, and a second USB drive that is blank. I select the blank USB drive and get a red screen saying the disk is too small to partition. I tried originally with an 8G drive, but thought that may actually be too small. So I got some 32G drives but get the same error. I've tried with them partitioned, and also with them blank. What step am I missing?
    Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is probably because the Debian installer creates a swap partition equal to the amount of ram in the system. If you have a lot of ram, you will have to use the Debian Buster netinst to install. Then run the install script - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That makes perfect sense, I have 32 gig in the host.
    Alternatively I could just pull one stick of memory out for the install and then it would be only 16 gig.
    Thanks for your help.

For the record, I've been using OMV for at least 5 or 6 years now. I'm only reinstalling now because I'm upgrading the hardware. Definitely the best NAS solution that I've played with and looking forward to another 5-6 troublefree years.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!