error updating the containerd.io package

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you really watch it that long? The message tells you what is wrong. apt is busy at that moment. There was no failure. OMV automatically downloads (not installs) updates and you tried to manually install the updates before it was done downloading them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you really watch it that long? The message tells you what is wrong. apt is busy at that moment. There was no failure. OMV automatically downloads (not installs) updates and you tried to manually install the updates before it was done downloading them.

In the gui there were three packages to update. The first on the list was the one in question. I simply tried to install it through the gui. So the presence of the package to be updated in the list does not mean that it has already been downloaded?

P. S.
    I uploaded to pastebin because if I paste it into the message, the page becomes slow and I can't post the discussion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the gui there were three packages to update. The first on the list was the one in question. I simply tried to install it through the gui. So the presence of the package to be updated in the list does not mean that it has already been downloaded?

The Updates tab shows updates available after running apt-get update (which happens daily). So, those updates are actually available. The task that downloads the packages was running when you tried to install them. This task exists so you don't have to wait to install updates. Unfortunately, the download has to happen at some point during the day and you happen to try to install at that time. If your internet connection is slow, the chance of hit that is even greater.

I uploaded to pastebin because if I paste it into the message, the page becomes slow and I can't post the discussion.

Yep, a long post of repeating messages will trigger the spam filter as well. You could have just posted the first block or even better, just the lines that start with E: (for error) and not worry about every occurrence:

E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/cache/apt/archives/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!