Shared Folders: How to edit permissions for existing folders?

• Hi all,

In OMV 5, I've created a folder and wish to edit the permissions for that folder but the option is missing. It's only visible when you're creating a new folder. Please see the screenshot for reference.

Backstory: I'm trying to edit the permissions since I can't access the docker folder that I have created. I'm able to access my NAS folder just fine. I think all the settings match for both folders except for the permissions I selected for the NAS folder when it was created. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I just realized OMV 5 is still in beta. I blame you, Techno Dad Life, for not mentioning this in the video!

Edit 1: Oops, I forgot to mention I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 + Raspbian Buster w/ desktop but no extra apps.

permissions.png

• Solved.

So the naming is a bit deceiving but it's under Reset Permissions. I shied away from it as it seemed a bit too destructive for a noob like me.

Full path: Access Rights Management > Shared Folders > (top blue bar) Reset Permissions > select the folder, the proper permissions and hit save.

• I blame you, Techno Dad Life, for not mentioning this in the video!

I am very sorry that you are complaining about @TechnoDadLife. He makes an effort with his videos and I am sure that they have already helped many.

OMV 3.0.99 (Gray style)
    ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304

Edited once, last by cabrio_leo ().

• P.S. I just realized OMV 5 is still in beta. I blame you, Techno Dad Life, for not mentioning this in the video!

Edit 1: Oops, I forgot to mention I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 + Raspbian Buster w/ desktop but no extra apps.

permissions.png

Seriously? Newsflash, there was no Debian 9 release for the Pi 4.... therefore using OMV 4 on the Pi 4 just isn't going to work (there is an image floating around somewhere that has had some modifications to install OMV 4 on a Pi 4).

Perhaps you should research your decisions a little more thoroughly.

• There is no image (unofficial or official) for OMV 4 for the Raspberry Pi 4 anymore. The official way is to install OMV5. If you remember from the video, you are not supposed to use a desktop image because it causes problems. Also I have made a couple of videos on permission problems. If you search the forums they are readily available. If you want help. It is better not to blame others. It turns people off from wanting to help you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!