OMV5 external access

• Hello to everyone,

I have just managed to make my first stable x86 OMV 5 NAS! I also have installed Nextcloudpi on docker and its working fine! (thanks to the great help of TechnoDad)
    Because most of the time I am away from home ,or even abroad, I want a secure and easy way to remote -external- access my server , for sure SSH terminal, but if i could also access OMV webUI and some containers (for example Nextcloud) it would be great
    Do you have any suggestions? Have anyone of you tested and confirmed a stable and secure solution to this?
    Is guacamole a good solution? ( the only installation I have seen for guacamole is remote access from the same network, I am sure thats its also possible to external access but I am very newbie to this and dont know how to manage it and how safe it is)

AorusB450 I Pro wifi
    AMD 3400G with Radeon Graphics
    HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400W
    CoolerMaster Elite 110

• Offizieller Beitrag

With this guide you create a Nextcloud instance which can be accessed from outside the network using Letsencrypt to get a trusted certificate and as reverse proxy.

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

It is easy to add other applications like OMV, Heimdall, Plex using the same concept which is described here:
    https://blog.linuxserver.io/20…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/

• With this guide you create a Nextcloud instance which can be accessed from outside the network using Letsencrypt to get a trusted certificate and as reverse proxy.

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

Thank you, I already know about this, as I mentioned above I already run Nextcloudpi docker whitch is a version of Nextcloud with all the necessary parts on top (lets encrypt, mariadb, apache2 etc)

It is easy to add other applications like OMV, Heimdall, Plex using the same concept which is described here:
    https://blog.linuxserver.io/20…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/

This is great but its very compicated for me and also I cant understand how I can remotely use terminal for dockers and OMV, furthermore I need to do all of this for every docker I want to externally access and attach them with my letsencrypt and duckdns docker ( i think lets encrypt docker has also nginx inside) For me this is very frustrating
    do you have in mind any step by step guide?
    what about remote desktop solutions and especially guacamole? I ask again because as far I can understand it its going to be much easier ,with one program you are going to have remote access to everything

AorusB450 I Pro wifi
    AMD 3400G with Radeon Graphics
    HyperX Predator DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB
    Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
    Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400W
    CoolerMaster Elite 110

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!