Restoring Default Kernel

• I'm planning on ditching ZFS and subsequently will be removing the Proxmox kernel. Stupidly, at some point, I clicked the "remove non-proxmox kernels" button in the omv-extras plugin.

As I'm trying to avoid heartache, can anyone recommend the best way to restore the correct kernel for OMV 4?

• an anyone recommend the best way to restore the correct kernel for OMV 4?

While there is no reason to not use the proxmox kernel (I do and don't use zfs), apt-get install linux-image-amd64 will install the debian kernel.

omv 5.5.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Great thanks.

I plan to attempt the upgrade to 5.x & I had read of someone else running into issues upgrading while running proxmox kernel (not sure why but still). Plus I want the RAM back from ZFS so planned to remove anything ZFS related before the upgrade then create the vols again on btrfs post upgrade.

• I plan to attempt the upgrade to 5.x & I had read of someone else running into issues upgrading while running proxmox kernel (not sure why but still).

If you follow these directions, there should be no issue upgrading the proxmox kernel.

Plus I want the RAM back from ZFS so planned to remove anything ZFS related before the upgrade then create the vols again on btrfs post upgrade.

If you don't have any mounted zfs filesystems, the kernel/zfs won't cache anything in ram. So, just using the proxmox kernel will not use any more ram than the standard or backports Debian kernel.

omv 5.5.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!