WebGUI unavailable

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get purge openmediavault-flashmemory folder2ram

reboot

mkdir -p /var/log/{cron-apt,nginx}

reboot

Is everything working now?

• Thank you so much! Yes it works now 8)

Obviously something is deleting all of sub-directories in /var/log causing this problem. I would purge openmediavault-flashmemory and folder2ram, create the directories, and see if it works after reboot. If that is working, then re-install flashmemory.

As you wrote in an earlier post; "If that is working, then re-install flashmemory.". If I did what you said, is flashmemory reinstalled too?

• Offizieller Beitrag

is flashmemory reinstalled too?

Nope. I wanted to get the system back to working condition. Now post the output of:

omv-aptclean

apt-cache policy openmediavault-flashmemory folder2ram

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Aaaah! Here is the output:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the output:

Interesting that I had you purge folder2ram in a previous step but it is still installed. Did you re-install it? Either way, you should be able to reinstall the flashmemory plugin from the web interface now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• No, I haven't reinstalled anything. Hm...

I just reinstalled the flashmemory plugin in the GUI and rebooted. Now the GUI is unavaliable again. Received a couple of e-mails too... Ha-ha, wtf?!

• Offizieller Beitrag

just reinstalled the flashmemory plugin in the GUI and rebooted. Now the GUI is unavaliable again. Received a couple of e-mails too... Ha-ha, wtf?!

Your folder2ram install must not be configured and that is why it works when the flashmemory plugin is not install. Go through the steps again but make sure folder2ram is purged.

• Sorry, I didn't read the log properly earlier...

This is what happens when trying to purge folder2ram:

• Offizieller Beitrag

rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/folder2ram.prerm

dpkg -P folder2ram

apt-get -f install

fix folders again

reboot

if it is working, re-install the plugin.

• Ok, so now I have done what you said. After purging both flashmemory and folder2ram, I checked if they were still installed with apt-cache policy openmediavault-flashmemory folder2ram. Neither of them was.

After a reboot, I installed the flashmemory plugin from web interface, as you told me to, and did a new reboot.

Now the interface is gone. Again.

I then run the same apt-cache policy openmediavault-flashmemory folder2ram code via SSH, and now both flashmemory and folder2ram is installed. I swear I didn't manually installed folder2ram - it was removed the moment before I installed flashmemory.

Any idea what is happening?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea what is happening?

After purging, did you reboot multiple times and the web interface was working each time?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't hurt.

• Hey i am also having issues with a missing GUI, tried following some of the steps here but think I might be having a different issue, any chance you would be willing to help me out also?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your machine listed on your router’s list of attached devices? Maybe your IP address has changed. Can you ssh into it? Give a little more information and I’m sure somebody will be able to help.

• Hi, thanks for the response!

Posted this in another thread of my own but hasn't been seen :)

Had to change my WebUI port to install Nginx, which worked fine. After a few days of it working fine, I have been unable to access the WebUI from any device, PC, laptop or phone. I ran omv-first aid through SSH(IP is still the same), and changed to port but still no luck. Seems like an error has shown up when I tried changing the port. Pastebin (https://pastebin.com/YCb46S3Z)

My portainer etc is fine and accessible :)

Cheers!

• be a bit more verbose about what you see and what you already tried to analyze/ solve it.

Only saying I have the same problem but the solution did not work is expecting g too much from the forum

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are also posting to a thread that has been idle for almost two years. You should start a new thread and, as Zoki said, don’t be stingy with your information. We are here to help but we cannot read your mind. Carnac the Magnificent does not hang out on this forum.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Sorry my bad, i was a bit affected that nothing i try really worked.
    Server specs and config :
    Portainer : Active
    Main Use : NextCloud - Home Nas ;
    Storage config : 1 SSD Samsung 128Gb - > 2 x 120 GB HHD (Mirrored for auto OS Backup)
    Main Storage : 3 x1 TB RAID5 ( 1.79TB shared storage for me Phone and Laptop)

Yesterday i got 3 email alert :
    email 1 :

Code
    The system monitoring needs your attention.
    Host:        shogo
    Date:        Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:49:11
    Service:     nginx
    Event:       Does not exist
    Description: process is not running
    This triggered the monitoring system to: restart" 

email 2 :

Code
    Date:        Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:49:41
    Service:     nginx
    Event:       Execution failed
    Description: failed to start (exit status 1) -- '/bin/systemctl start nginx': Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    This triggered the monitoring system to: alert

email 3 :

Code
    Date:        Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:49:41
    Service:     filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-47505d39-7dd9-4874-b8ed-10785e4970cb
    Event:       Does not exist
    Description: unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-47505d39-7dd9-4874-b8ed-10785e4970cb' state
    This triggered the monitoring system to: restart

Actions performed :
    1. sudo 
    omv-salt deploy run nginx

2.sudo omv-salt deploy run phpfpm
    No results

Output form : ls -ld /var/log/nginx

Code
    root@shogo:~# ls -ld /var/log/nginx

drwxr-xr-x 2 root adm 4096 Mar 31 00:00 /var/log/nginx

Output form : udo mkdir /var/log/nginx

Code
    root@shogo:~# sudo mkdir /var/log/nginx

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/log/nginx’: File exists

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!