Openvpn on ODROID HC2

• Hello :)

I would like to install Openvpn on my ODROID HC2. I saw a video by Technodad to setup Openvpn-as in Portainer but that's just for x64 arch.

I read a lot of different tutorials but i'm not sure what path to follow.

I found this guide https://ameridroid.com/blogs/a…emote-access-with-openvpn, what do you think? Can this work? Why most people download Openvpn via CLI instead of using the plugin?

Somewhere on Github i read that people had issue that broke the system with this plugin.

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!

• I have installed the plugin, but under "Gateway Interface" i have no interfaces to select. What should i do?

I see i can add the interfaces in the Network menu. Could someone help me fill the configuration?

Screenshot attached. I have set a static ip for the OMV NAS in my router so i should select 'Static' as Method?

EDIT: Tried to manually add a static interface but the result is this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Details:

• Thanks for your reply. But why i have to use DHCP if in the router i have selected a static ip for the NAS?

I see that the DHCP interface is created without issues but then i receive an error when i try to create the certificate into the OpenVPN plugin.

There is an alternative that do you suggest to install openvpn? Maybe in a container?

The reason i ask for another way to install Openvpn is that when i deleted the DHCP interface, OMV became unresponsive. I had to pull off the power cord and reboot manually to restore the system up. So i'm a little afraid to play with interfaces. But maybe that was just the expected behaviour...

Anyway after adding the DHCP interface (i have none listed), i have this error when i try to create certificates:

"EASYRSA_PKI does not exist (perhaps you need to run init-pki)?"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!