WebGUI login not working: returns to login screen after authorizing credentials

• I can no longer login to the WebGUI. The login page loads, when credentials are entered I see it working ("please wait", then "loading please wait"), then it just returns to the login page.

OMV is still functioning and I can access the device through SSH. The credentials must be correct because the system log shows it was authorized and shows no errors:

openmediavault-webgui[13987]: Authorized login from ::ffff:192.168.2.8 [username=admin, user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0]

The disks/partitions are nowhere near full (df -h). I can't find any errors in logs. The issue persists after rebooting the device through SSH.

This started a few days ago after installing upgrades and rebooting, as I do every few weeks.

Any hints?

• I am experiencing the same problem. The login accepts my credentials (on three separate accounts) and sometimes even notifies me by email about a "successful login". The WebGUI simply reloads the login page in a loop.

I have access to SSH, tons of space (over 80% free on both attached drives). Shares work fine and I can even update/upgrade via SSH - but no WebGUI.

Running on RaspberryPi4.

• Same timeline here.

I just seem to have made my situation worse: I noticed there was an update for omv flash plugin so I installed it and rebooted over SSH. Now I can't log in with SSH anymore and the WebGUI login page doesn't come up at all. I can still get ping responses to the device though.

I hope this can be salvaged!?

• I too have the GUI doesn't load problem. My response is as follows after I enter admin and password: Maybe some one can decipher this, and come up with a repair/fix.

Error #0:

OMV\Exception: File '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\administration_admin_js.json' contains invalid JSON: No content in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:219

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(172): OMV\Json\File->read()

#1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(41): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()

#2 {main}

• I changed the permissions with chmod 777 /var/lib/php/sessions by putting the SD card into another device. I still can't log in or even load the login page anymore. SSH also won't connect with "connection refused".

Whatever happened after that last flashmemory update (to 4.2.2 I think) and reboot made things a lot worse. Any suggestions on what to try?

I can edit files by using the SD card on another machine, but it looks like I've lost all access to my OMV device.

• grokov I am a complete noob, so don't take my advice too seriously, but my gut feeling tells me the chmod 777 trick only works when OMV still functions and only WebGUI is broken. From what you're saying it sounds like all hell broke lose and you may need to reinstall it :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!