Followed a guide to install ruTorrent. Works fine, but now OMV interface will not load.

• I know this has something to do with changing a few of nginx's config files, but since my linux skills are rather lacking, I can not figure it out. I installed ruTorrent using this guide:

https://mondedie.fr/d/10831-tu…r-debian-10-nginx-php-fpm

When I go to my server's IP address, I am met with user:pass sign in screen. Once I enter the credentials, I am met with a 403 error. However if I go to the server IP address/rutorrent, it loads and works fine. however, if I go to server IP address/openmediavault I'm just met with the blue omv screen with the logo on the bottom right.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. I am not a huge fan of docker so I'd prefer to use traditional installations with apps and omv. I've managed to install plex, tautulli, duplicati and a file browser with no issues, but ruTorrent still remains a problem :) Thanks everyone for reading!

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• You really, really should have installed rutorrent in a docker instead of what that tutorial did.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You really, really should have installed rutorrent in a docker instead of what that tutorial did.

I installed OMV 5 on an old laptop for testing purposes not my main rig.

• Does that make it any less broken?

No it does not make it less broken. It does however make it a sandbox for experiments though. We were all novice's at one point that conducted experiments and (hopefully) learned from our errors. So in response to your original quote, I'd agree 100% if this were done on my main rig. However as said it was done on a laptop for the purposes of experimenting and sometimes we "break" things when experimenting.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not a huge fan of docker

Any specific reason for that?

I also needed some time to make the first tests with it, but now I think it is very easy to set up things - and difficult to break something.

As you have your sandbox, why not give it a try?

• Any specific reason for that?

I also needed some time to make the first tests with it, but now I think it is very easy to set up things - and difficult to break something.

As you have your sandbox, why not give it a try?

I feel like docker containers aren't that customizable outside of the basic setup parameters. When OMV first implemented a docker plugin a couple of years back, I immediately ditched the deluge plugin and migrated to docker in favor of a ruTorrent container. Maybe I just didn't download a great container, but I really can't customize it. Whenever I change values in the container such as max memory for example, it seems that the settings don't save for some reason. I even edited (what I thought) was the config file manually in nano (rtorrent.rc) and it just broke things. Secondly, I can not protect the container with the fail2ban plugin which is a bit bothersome for me tbh. Third, docker had a few problems last year which broke all the containers, which further turned me off. That's why I'd rather actually learn how to manage the extra stuff that I use with OMV myself. I installed plex manually, duplicati, filebrowser.xyz, etc. Also it seems like certain plugins are discontinued without warning.

All that being said, if I could find a docker container for ruTorrent that works a bit better than the one I'm running right now then I'm 100% open to giving it a go, also securing it with fail2ban would be a big plus. The container that I'm currently using that comes with autodl-irssi is diameter/rutorrent-rutorrent. Any recommendations will be tested.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!