Mac client "You do not have permission to access this server

• Trying to access samba shares from Mac 10.14. Used for years, and after a recent reinstall of OMV, I can't seem to get Finder access again. I have troubleshooted my issue using the forums, by following here and others I can't seem to find again.

I have SSH access, WebGUI, and run Plex in Docker. All no issues. I have also reset permissions and cleared any ACLs (I don't ever use these anyway). Verified user permissions and even created a test user to check samba access. No luck.

Not sure what else to do. Maybe someone can offer some suggestions. I do not post/ask a question here until I have run out of ideas. I've worked on this for weeks, and still get the following error:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 10.55.20 AM.png

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• Yes i enter my user/pw to whom I’ve given access in the shared folder settings. Tried making new users as well and setting up permissions and read/write access in shared folder settings. No luck. Still get “you do not have permission...” it is not blocked from my client computer either, as when I’ve shut down samba service, the dialog on Mac client just shows shows that the server is not there.

Also have used this thread to no avail.

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• Has to be something simple because samba has functioned well for me for years.

I don’t see any link in your signature to a new user guide.

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• I removed all my shared folders, and then set them up again following your guide, which said to set permissions to "Everyone Read/Write" and in the samba shares tab, to set guests allowed. Still no access. "You do not have permission to access this server."

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• Looks like its file/folder permissions. I'll work on that, and report back on if I solved this issue. If anyone has any other insight, I would sure love the help.

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• I updated permissions, reset users, rebooted, removed reinstalled plugins, and never was able to get past the "No access" issue.

So I reinstalled and now all is working. One thing I did differently this time, is that I made the samba shares first, with guests allowed option. Only after that did I create my users and then closed shares to public. Still have access.

I wish I knew what the specific issue is, but may be that I made users first, then samba shares non public, and this time, I did samba shares with guests allowed, then created my users, then closed guests allowed.

Thanks for your help, macom.

OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis)
    Lenovo TS140

Docker-Plex

• siryounger

Added the Label OMV 4.x
  • siryounger

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!