Errormessage using SymLinks

• Hello together,

i'm just setting up a new installtion using OMV 5.3.8-1.

Everything was fine, i've set up nearly everything i need including two Symlinks which worked smooth.

Now I've tried to add a third symlink and getting an error. From everythings regarding symlinks seems to be brocken, i'm not able to edit existings or create new entries :/...

The errormessage i get is:

Fehler #0:

OMV\Exception: Failed to create symbolic link at /mnt/symlinks/Data_Rsnapshots in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/symlinks.inc:91

Stack trace:

#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSymlinks->setSymlink(Array, Array)

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSymlink', Array, Array)

#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Symlinks', 'setSymlink', Array, Array, 1)

#4 {main}

Any advice :/? Already tried un-/reinstalling the extension, reboot, browser without any stored cookies... Nothing helps :/.

After i tried to create a new symlink the entry is visible in the webinterface, but the created symlink doesn't work on the destination folder...

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must be a bad symlink. What are the two paths?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here are two Screenshots. The same error as i mentioned above.

Because of the errormessage the normal "Add symlink" Window doesn't close and i'm to click the save button multiple time (in this example i clicked it twice...) which adds multiple entries in the activated symlink-list...

But:

ls -l /mnt/symlinks/Data_Rsnapshots/ says: "total 0"

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't help the problem of it adding two entries if you double click. That is basically because the set function is running at the same time and doesn't detect that the symlink already exists. As for why it is failing, I don't see any info that tells me why the php "symlink" function is failing - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ined/rpc/symlinks.inc#L89

Try making the symlink from the command line and see if it works.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your help, creating the symlink with the command line works smoothly!

I only need three symlinks, so everythink ok, i'm just using the command line option on this install :)

Have a nice evening!

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x (beta) hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!