Cockpit slow, and flaky.

• I'm having an issue with Cockpit. 9 times out of 10, I can't log in. Either the Cockpit login screen won't load and I get a Connection Failed screen telling me to check journalctl -u cockpit, or after clicking Log In, nothing happens. I'm using a password manager so I can be certain the credentials are fine.

When I checked journalctl -u cockpit I see the following output.

When I can get the interface to load, it usually works fine although can take 10-20 seconds to load. No other services on OMV have this issue, and the server is on a current gen high-end cpu.

Any ideas?

• I had the same problem. This worked for me:

Code
    omv-salt deploy run nginx

OMV 7.0.5 Sandworm | omvextrasorg 7.0 | compose 7.1 | Linux 6.6.16-current-mvebu | Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm | Hardware Helios4 | RAID5 with 4 * 8TB WD Red

• There might be an issue here using the self signed cert that cockpit generates. I was having this same issue with slow loading of the web pages and having it hang on a good percentage of requests.

I had a letsencrypt certificate generated and imported it into both the openmediavault GUI and the /etc/cockpit/ws-certs.d/ directory. The issue went away and cockpit is super fast now.

If you imported a certificate into openmediavault GUI for a domain name you can try importing it into cockpit.

You'll need to concat the cert and the key and place it into the cockpit cert dir

Once its imported it should be split up into the certs/private directories as /etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-<uu-id>.crt and .key

I did this below as root, then rebooted, and then called cockpit using my domain in the cert @ port 9090. (replace your-cert-domain with your certificate domain name, this assumes you have one and only one certificate imported into OMV GUI)

Code
    cat /etc/ssl/certs/openmediavault-*.crt > /etc/cockpit/ws-certs.d/<your-cert-domain>.cert
    cat /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-*.key >> /etc/cockpit/ws-certs.d/<your-cert-domain>.cert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!