OMV Breaks my network - Wifi static configuration - after installation.

• Using Raspberry PI 3 B .

I have configured Debian Lite image. (Buster LITE) and configured static WIFI( only that network ) , all working fine ( I have the same setting for others RPI ) .

* Debian buster lite ( network working )

* Debian apt upgrade ( network working )

* Reboot

* booted up ( network working )

* installed OMV in (this is RPI3 B) with

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

installed successfully ( net working )

* performed reboot

* After this reboot the network card config is automatically removed (file dhcpcd.conf) and the wifi card is no longer connecting even if the config files are restored.

Is there anything that could be breaking the network config after installing OVM ?

Thanks !

• Is there anything that could be breaking the network config after installing OVM

Yep. The last thing the install script does is configure wired networking and systemd-resolved to work in the OMV way. You would be better off to configure wireless after the install script runs.

omv 5.5.12 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.2
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the follow up,

Restoring exactly the same config files as before script installation Raspberry (3 B) is not able to connect to wireless any more. I have to reinstall Debian Buster Lite from scratch and Im able to connect to wifi again.

Any advice how to configure wireless after script runs ?

Thanks for your time

• Any advice how to configure wireless after script runs ?

From the web interface.

I have to reinstall Debian Buster Lite from scratch and Im able to connect to wifi again.

Why do you have to reinstall? Plugin a keyboard and monitor and you should be able to fix it.

• It doesn't fix the problem. I went through the same situation. I went into raspi-config, checked Network Options, Localisation Options. If the installation disables wifi by design, that is an option that should be left to the user and it should show this in the administrative interface. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot my Raspberry Pi's inability to find it's wlan0 interface and connect to wifi.

• If the installation disables wifi by design, that is an option that should be left to the user and it should show this in the administrative interface. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot my Raspberry Pi's inability to find it's wlan0 interface and connect to wifi.

The install script does NOT disable wifi. It actually runs rfkill unblock all to enable wifi that is disable by default on the raspbian images. If you go against what I recommend of running the install script before doing any configuration, then it won't move the wifi to the systemd configuration unless you follow the Raspberry Pi guide to setup wifi (https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…tion/wireless/headless.md). The install script can't and won't try to support the many, many ways to setup wifi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!