Monitoring restart -- Connection failed nginx

• Last night before midnight I got 10 email alerts from OMV. They were all about the service nginx failing and succeeding.

Searched around but couldn't find this issue elsewhere.
    Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 23:26:00

Service: nginx

Event: Connection succeeded

Description: connection succeeded to [127.0.0.1]:80 [TCP/IP]

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 23:25:13

Service: nginx

Event: Connection failed

Description: failed protocol test [HTTP] at [127.0.0.1]:443 [TCP/IP TLS] -- HTTP: Error receiving data -- Connection timed out

7RQ1CXz.png

• Offizieller Beitrag
    1. What kind of hardware do you have?
    2. Do you run Nextcloud or Plex on it?

I may/probably will not be able to help you. Just a hunch. In any case more information may jog someone on the forum.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

1. What kind of hardware do you have?
    2. Do you run Nextcloud or Plex on it?

1. I have a Asus server grade 1U enclosure.

2. No to Nextcloud, although I'm thinking of deploying it. Yes to Plex, but it's running in a docker container.

This is continuing to happen about once a week, but at random. Nothing for 2 weeks, then twice within the last 16 hours.
    As with last time the last time time the final messages were 2 emails about the 'Monitoring restart' failing. But when I check the service status service nginx status it shows as up and running. Albeit as of the time of the last 'Monitoring alert -- Connection succeeded' email.

• This is getting out of control. "151 to 200 of many"...

I can also rule out Plex being an issue. It wasn't running while the last 100 or so alerts came in.

Please, any help is hugely appreciated.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von sonofwatt () aus folgendem Grund: New info

• OS version and NIC hardware/driver version would be interesting to compare

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you ever resolve this as I also have this problem.

Unfortunately no

I never saw this on V4, but I had it occurring on V5, but I might get a few a day, first a fail then a success, as I found this just annoying I turned off Process monitoring in notifications. If this persists then I would suggest opening an issue on github with all the relevant information

• I'm seeing the same issue... doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Sometimes a week goes by without any emails then I'll get 5 or 6... or occasionally 50!

I'm turning the alert off and ignoring it!

• Odd, indeed. I just started having this issue for the first time. Last night after midnight, today around noon and 1:15 p.m., and as it so happens, again just now - nginx monit failure followed by success.

I'd never seen this before and thought it was maybe a new bug, albeit a harmless one.

• I've found a similar report on reddit. They recommended running the following to fix it:

Code
    omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

I ran this command two days ago and the problems have not reappeared since. As I've never been able to reproduce the problem though, and two days are clearly not enough to prove anything, I'll just continue watching and waiting for now...

EDIT: I encountered the same chain of warnings again, about a week after running the command. So most likely not a solution either...

• You may have saved me just in time! I had a bloom of emails today (50 in about 4 hours!!!).

I've run the above command... fingers crossed!!!

(I'm genuinely excited! Covid lockdown has made excitement a rare and precious gift!)

• I'm afraid I didn't. Encountered the same warnings again last night, about 40 times, despite running the command above.

As such...

- It's NOT the solution. Original post updated.

- I lost.

- Advice still appreciate...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!