New RPi install. Old File Shares won't go away, USB drive drops off, Format in EXT4 or NTFS

• Hi all. Just installed OMV on an old Pi 3B. I have a Sabrent USB 2.0 powered disk caddy with a 2GB WDC WD20 drive. I have the following questions:

1. The disk is formatted NTFS so I can still read in on Windows. Should I ref-format to EXT4?

2. The File System (the USB disk) drops off the panel requiring a Mount to be perfomed. This is annoying. What causes this and how do I fix it?

3. I have an old share called Full NAS Backup that is now unused. I replaced it with Full_NAS_Backup. The old share and its empty directory tree keep reapearing. I cannot find it anywhere. I looked in config.xml and it an't there or anywhere else in the GUI. Again, how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

• 1. The disk is formatted NTFS so I can still read in on Windows. Should I ref-format to EXT4?

Yes, it is advised to use proprietary Linux file systems like ext4 for NAS purposes.

3. I have an old share called Full NAS Backup that is now unused. I replaced it with Full_NAS_Backup. The old share and its empty directory tree keep reapearing. I cannot find it anywhere. I looked in config.xml and it an't there or anywhere else in the GUI. Again, how do I fix this?

Have you tried to delete the share from the GUI of OMV? Should be possible if the share is not referenced in any service.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!