I upgraded from OMV4.X to 5.X using the TDL video.
As I have a simple configuration it globally it went well.
- ii openmediavault 5.3.8-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
- ii openmediavault-backup 5.1 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
- ii openmediavault-clamav 5.0.9-1 all openmediavault ClamAV plugin
- ii openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.4-1 all openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
- ii openmediavault-fail2ban 5.0.4 all OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
- ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
- ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.2.5 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
- ii openmediavault-usbbackup 5.0.3-1 all openmediavault USB/eSATA backup plugin
- and docker
Except once I tried to connect to the web gui.
I connected to it once and then I was kick out.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall several component, I tried the first aid kit, and I tried the omv-salt deploy run nginx comman.
It crashed when testing nginx config.
After many investigation I tried these 2 command (I found it on stack overflow when looking for this SSL: error:0908F070:PEM routines:get_header_and_data:short header)
These files are the ones causing the errors.
I do not known how but during the upgrade process it appears that before each lines spaces were added which creates a get_header_and_data:short header error.
And the omv-salt deploy run nginx rewrites openmediavault-XXXXXXXXX.key and add space at the beginning of each lines.
I edited manually the 2 files and started nginx using systemctl start nginx.service.
Nginx started with no error.
After getting through this, I can now connect to the webgui.
But it tells me that configuration has changed and ask me to apply them.
When I do it, I got this error message ( I cannot show all the log here ) :
Back to the beginning.
For now the gui is still working but how can I finish my upgrade?