change IP via SSH

• I need to change Ip via SSH as not able to go to office to do it directly on trhe OMV box I{ will; be in same subnet

if I change IP via omv-firstaid will I lose SSH connection once I accept/apply settings

or can I edit the /etc/network/interfaces file and then do a reboot

please advise best way via SSH session

running omv 4

• jfish1971

Hat den Titel des Themas von „chage IP via SSH“ zu „change IP via SSH“ geändert.
  • if I change IP via omv-firstaid will I lose SSH connection once I accept/apply settings

Thats right - SSH based on the ip adress and when you change the ip you must SSH log in with the new ip.

You can check your new ip from any Terminal or CMD (Windows) with ping newIP for example "ping 192.178.1.1" and try a known ip-Adress.

or can I edit the /etc/network/interfaces file and then do a reboot

could be work as the same way

OMV 5.x

komm wir essen Opa --------- Satzzeichen retten Leben !

• Is your OMV box directly to the internet on a public IP address? If not, and it's behind a NAT router, you'll have to change the port forwarding too. Can you access the router remotely to make that change as well?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is your OMV box directly to the internet on a public IP address? If not, and it's behind a NAT router, you'll have to change the port forwarding too. Can you access the router remotely to make that change as well?

I have a VPN to the remote site where the OMV server is

• Thats right - SSH based on the ip adress and when you change the ip you must SSH log in with the new ip.

You can check your new ip from any Terminal or CMD (Windows) with ping newIP for example "ping 192.178.1.1" and try a known ip-Adress.

could be work as the same way

to clarify I can change IP via a SSH session using omv-firstaid

Will the change be instant or will I need to reboot, or once settings are saved is the new IP changed instantly without a reboot

• my query was related to using omv-firstaid

once I change IP will a reboot requied for new IP to become active

Probably not.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!