Omv in the same lan

• Hi,

i’m new on this forum, sorry if this question is quite easy:

i’ve installed a raspberry with noobs lite os and omv installed without any problems with 2 disks doing backups, my problem is how to see omv in the same LAN.

I’ve internet provider router and throught a cable i’ve connected other extender router where i have raspberry connected by cable with omv.

If i connect a pc by cable to this second router i can see omv ip but if i connect to internet provider router i cannot see omv ip so i cannot connect it so how can see omv ip in the second router? I cannot see neither on wifi.

thanks for your anwer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have a second router, connected to your ISP router, you probably have two separate networks. Depending on the settings of these routers, how they're physically connected and how their firewalls are set up, not being able to "see" hosts on the two different routers would be normal.
    ((Connecting hosts on two different routers can be done but it requires some knowledge of networking.))

If you need more network ports, you need a switch, not a second router. You can use a second router, if you prefer, but all your LAN clients should be connected to it's ports.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!