Watchtower problem

• Hello guys!

I hope you are all doing well under the circumstances...:)

I need your insight....

I have watchtower running in docker and monitoring my containers for updates. A few minutes ago watchtower found an update for netdata, downloaded it and removed the old image.

Code
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:48+02:00" level=info msg="Found new netdata/netdata:latest image (sha256:651258a7de4d82ae0d88292ee3de13305e9b566d06bf05709b6208904462a105)"
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:56+02:00" level=info msg="Creating /openmediavault"
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:57+02:00" level=info msg="Removing image sha256:5e0a6603dde40474caea58dac0a13dff9db36f71f6f7d8e798fad54acd02580c"

This container was on a stopped state.

Capture.JPG

However I am not able to start it. The option is greyed out.

Additionally, when I click to modify it I get a message that "It is not possible to modify a data container".

If I delete the container and use the newly downloaded image to run a new container, netdata will work but I need to enter the port and all env variables again. For netdata it is not that of an issue, but for other containers that need a lot of stuff, it definitely is..

What have I done wrong???

Thanks a lot!

• What have I done wrong???

I've never had Watchtower do that but I don't use netdata, normally Watchtower downloads and deploys a new image using the settings from the current container. Pi-Hole has been known to fail if a new image has been found and deployed using Watchtower but this was during it's early use.

You might get an answer from the Watchtower github.

• Yesterday it did it to other containers, too, so i don't believe it has to do with netdata.

I will perhaps delete watchtower and set it up again just in case.

Do you mind sharing the env vars you have in place for watchtower, just in case I have something setup wrong?

Posting here mine from the details

One thing i noticed yesterday, is that the problematic containers did have the settings inherited from the previous ones (shown by clicking the details button), however I could not start nor modify them. I had to delete them and set them up again.

• One thing i noticed yesterday, is that the problematic containers did have the settings inherited from the previous ones (shown by clicking the details button), however I could not start nor modify them. I had to delete them and set them up again.

What might be an option is to ignore the docker plugin and install portainer, it requires a some understanding but it might help with what your are experiencing.

• I use uroboros to do the same that watchtower does and it's more confiable.

more info: https://github.com/pyouroboros/ouroboros

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!