Upgrading from 2.2 to 5

• My Nas is is giving me some problems after power went out. The system shut down gracefully as the ups did do its thing. That said when I started up again, my Virtualbox sevice would not start anymore. I am currently running 2.2.14 and would like to upgrade to the latest version 5.x and whatever the most stable version of this is.

Just confirming that the following things are still things as I use them a lot.

• Virtualbox service
    • Syncthing service
    • FTP service to store some camera streams

My plan is just to empty the current boot drive and do a fresh install of the lastest version and then mount/re-initialize the current storage drives 2 x 1tb drives and 2 x 5 tb drives. (The data should still be there right?) or should I just try and recover the virtualbox service?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello, I stopped OMV with 3.0.99 and would like to upgrade to the latest build.

Regardless of my unsuccessful search here: omv-release-upgrade does not work anyway.

Would be happy if I could upgrade directly or should it be better to install a fresh and clean system?

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

• You can not skip a version when doing an inplace upgrade. You would have to upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, and then from 4.x to 5.x. However, it may or may not be possible as the OMV 3.x and the underlying Debian repositories and update channels have been shut down long ago.

You have nothing to lose by trying. If I were you I would make a clone copy of your current 3.x install and know how to restore it if something goes wrong and you want to try again. Also take notes and/or screenshots of the configuration of all the settings, shares, etc.

If you can't do 3.x -> 4.x -> 5.x, then your only path forward is to do a fresh install of 5.x and configure it all by hand from scratch.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for your help.

But upgrading from 3.x to 4. by "omv-release-upgrade" does not work.

The upgrade starts and ends very quickly with please me to reboot....

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

• Was there any other output? And what happens when you reboot as suggested?

It may be that your OMV 3.x is not as up to date as it needs to be to be able to successfully run the upgrade procedure. If so, I believe you are at a dead end.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• However, I´m going to install a fresh system. It follows more action, but anyway....

Btw. for me there is quit no need to switch to 5.x. Release 3.0.99 works pretty good and stable!!

Anyway.... my HP NAS needs to be replaced. While these step I will install 5.x....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mr.President ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!