Several HDD under one sharefolder.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Lian Li was having a perfect case in 2010... but aleas not available anymore.

Funny you mention that case... I have one.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• To train before a faillure occurs, I decided to create an unionfs and simulate a defective drive.

I fresh installed OMV5

Platform : PC, OS Proxmox latest version. i-4670k

Guest OS : OMV5 updated to latest packages.

RAM : 4GB 2xCPU core

HDD : two 2GB VirtuIO hdd, with one EXT4 partition each, 1 physical 1500GB HDD exclusively alocated to the VM.

I installed :

flashmemory to avoid access (I removed swap partition)

resetpermissions

unionfs

I created partitions and mounted the x2 hdd

Using unionfs I manage to create a 2*2GB unionfs

I added rights to everybody (Access Rightmanagement/Shared Folders)

Then I tried to create the SMB share using the resulting unionfs and here comes the drama :

I selected the x2

"Failed to create the directory '/srv/6023eb2a-130a-44d7-8a4b-d2f8a21a0811/test2hdd/':"

Details :

Code
    Erreur #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to create the directory '/srv/6023eb2a-130a-44d7-8a4b-d2f8a21a0811/test2hdd/':  in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:325
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

The SMB share is created, visible in Windows File explorer... but impossible to browse it...

Any idea please as I googled and only found request without answers.

Edit: resetting permission on Shared Rights on filesystem before creating the SMB share avoid the error message, but it's still not browsable eventhough I create the smb share with "Public Autorized"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!