Syslog getting crammed with brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399

• Hello,

I am running a Nanopi M4v2 with OMV 5.3.9-1 (Usul) and my syslog getting crammed with:

Code
    Mar 31 21:27:06 nanopim4v2 brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399[1134]: writing
    Mar 31 21:27:06 nanopim4v2 brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399[1134]: 01 03 0c 00

Why is this happening? Is there a error

I cut down the syslog.txt down, because it was over 20.000 lines long after 5 hours with this message above.

Greeting

• Dyfcom

Changed the title of the thread from “Syslog got crammed with brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399” to “Syslog getting crammed with brcm_patchram_plus_rk3399”.
  • Todays night, my server crashed again, then was no access over SSH/Webgui/other server services. After a restart, the logs getting spammed again, but this time with:

• Did a new fresh install on a diffrent SD-Card with Armbian 5.4.28. It looks like there is the problem, when I got back to an old Backup with Armbian 5.2.14, the log didn't get spammed.

Edit: ok after 2 hours running, the same log appears on Armbian 5.2.14...

• Little update. I tried a lot with the 5.4 Kernel. I tested Bionic and Buster, but both got the problem above. Then I made a post in the armbian forum and one guy told me to switch back to the 4.4 Kernel and look there, it is working!

The problem of the 4.4 Kernel was for me, that plex videos in a docker container want play longer than 5 minutes with direct play. The best solution was to switch over to embyn, that solved my subtitle problem too ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!