docker: nextcloud+talk plugin and turnserver

• I setup my docker with linuxserver/nextcloud and linuxserver/letsencrypt container. I like to use the nextcloud talk plugin with a turn server. Can sameone help to find a turnserver docker conteiner and setup it to the nextcloud and letsencrypt container? Maybe is it a aditional chalenge for the very famous Videos from TechnoDadLife:)

omv 5.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 5.x | kernel 5.4
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | linuxserver/nextcloud | linuxserver/letsencrypt | linuxserver/mariadb | jellyfin/jellyfin | doliana/logitech-media-server | v2tec/watchtower | instrumentisto/coturn

• a coturn image can be found here.

I know, but I don't know which one and how to use it.

used container: portainer/portainer | linuxserver/nextcloud | linuxserver/letsencrypt | linuxserver/mariadb | jellyfin/jellyfin | doliana/logitech-media-server | v2tec/watchtower | instrumentisto/coturn

• okay, i hade time and now i have solved it.

I use the docker image from instrumentisto/coturn and set the turnserfer.config on a seperate appfolder with the options from this side https://nextcloud-talk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/TURN/

at last, i opend the port for the turn server on my router and take the setings in the nextcloud talk app.

--> now it works!! 8)

• happyreacer

Changed the title of the thread from “docker: nextcloud+talk plugin and trunserver” to “docker: nextcloud+talk plugin and turnserver”.
  • happyreacer

I have just read your threat and have a few questions about how you got the coturn server up and running.

I also got and installed the Docker Image instrumentisto / coturn.

After that, I unfortunately do not get any further. I would be free if you could perhaps describe your solution step by step.

First of all

Did you start the Docker Image with docker run -d --network = host instrumentisto / coturn or with docker run -d -p 3478: 3478 -p 49152-65535: 49152-65535 / udp instrumentisto / coturn.

I could only install the image with docker run -d --network = host instrumentisto / coturn.

I could imagine that many would like to know how you have successfully installed it.

Best wishes

Django43

• okay, step by step...

open the port 3478 for tcp/udp of your router .

create a folder for the turnserver.conf

mybe like this /srv/dev-by-label-HDD/dockerapps/turnserver/

gernerate a secreat code: openssl rand -hex 32

create and put in the folder the turnserver.conf like this

Code
    listening-port=3478
    fingerprint
    use-auth-secret
    static-auth-secret=<yourChosen/GeneratedSecret>
    realm=your.domain.org
    total-quota=100
    bps-capacity=0
    stale-nonce
    no-multicast-peers

Then i have used Portainer:

use the docker image from instrumentisto/coturn

port configuration: 3478:3478tcp  and 3478:3478udp

volume setting:

Host Volume:

/srv/dev-by-label-HDD/dockerapps/turnserver/turnserver.conf

Path in container:

/etc/coturn/turnserver.conf

Network:

I use the same network like my nextcloud container is running

Then pull the container image with this options and edit the options in nextcloud talk

Edited once, last by happyreacer ().

• happyreacer

Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions. After some back and forth (since I unfortunately do not have sufficient knowledge of portainers) it now works perfectly. Without your help this would not have been possible. :):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It would certainly be interesting for many forum users (corona crisis and home office) to find these instructions in the guides. :!::!::!:

Django43

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!