Premission denied when trying to create a folder within another folder

• I recently set up omv on a raspberry pi 4. However i am having having troubles creating files within a folder in my shared folder. I am using SMB/CIFS on windows. I apologise for not knowing exactly what information to provide, if you need more information just ask. Thanks in advance.

• File/folder permissions of your sharedfolder is missing. Go to sharedfolders and make a screenshot of ACL settings. (especially the lower section)

I am wondering about all that extra options you have set. It is better to first make a minimum setup working and than add extra options.

• Hmm no please dont change anything in that upper section. These ACL settings are only needed for very complex setups. The lower section shows that everyone on that machine should have full access to this folder. That is ok! Your sharedfolder privileges look good too.

Lets have a look into your smb share config. You have set "Public: Only Guests". Here is the point why you can access as guest only.

You can find more information about these options here: https://www.samba.org/samba/do…l/smb.conf.5.html#GUESTOK

• In general: Please see my first comment. There is a link where I have already described that. Feel free to ask if some certain things are not clear.

In this special case: Just change that Public option, I think.

• Strange discovery. I can create folders in certain locations but not in others. I think that I may kinda start over as there are problems with the system. However I am not sure if everything will work out fine. Anyway if I have any more problems I will create a new thread. Thank you for your assistance

• Such problems are almost always file/folder permission problem. Just starting over may help for the moment but you are going to encounter such problems very often as long as you have no basic knowledge of permissions.

When I am in a situation where I cannot create files or folders although I should, I open the terminal/ssh, go to that location and check the file perms using

> ls -la

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!