Arm OMV4x: Remote Copy SATA HDD to USB HDD on Odroid HC2?

• So I have an Odroid HC2 that has a single SATA and USB 2.0 port. Running OMV 4.1.35-1 (Arrakis). I want to backup my media files from SATA HDD --> USB HDD. I've tried using WinSCP and Total Commander (WIN10) but get an error "server doesn't seem to support Remote Copy". The only way I can copy files between both is by having them pass thru my PC (slow process). Is there any way to do this as a Remote Copy?

:?::/

Thanks!

• Try Midnight Commander.

When I copy files from one drive on my OMV box to another drive on my OMV box using Midnight Commander running on OMV via a shh login from my Linux Desktop box, The copy traffic stays local to the OMV machine. The only traffic seen on the Linux desktop is a very minor amount that is due to the progress bar being updated as the copy proceeds.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• I don't see the mounted HDD or USB HDD? Where should I look?

Drives are mounted in /srv/.

Another option would be to use the usbbackup-plugin. It will run a rsync job whenever you plugin the USB drive. Very simple and fast to sync the drives.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!