Issue with configuring syncthing correctly

• Hello Forum,

I just started playing around with OMV and enjoy it very much but encountered an issue I can't resolve:

I used Portainer to create the syncthing container and managed to create an instance I can sync files with but I couldn't manage to tell syncthing where to put the data.

I followed a tutorial (for OMV 4 though) and bound the host path "/sharedfolders/<my folder>" to the container "/var/syncthing". But the files end up on the system drive and not on the shared folder.

So I tried to search for my sharedfolders and SSH-ed into my omv-box. But the folder "media" doesn't contain any folders except for a cdrom folder.

Code
    root@openmediavault:/media# ls -a
    . .. cdrom

However, with smb I can access my shared folders.

How do I set up syncthing correctly?

• Using locations within /sharedfolders/ as docker volume and bind mounts is discouraged and essentially not supported in OMV 5. By default, those locations will be empty, and although this behavior can be changed if desired, this is not recommended. You should use the actual path to the directory instead.

/media is no longer used to mount drives. This has been deprecated for quite a long time. /srv/ is where drives are mounted now.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

• white_dodo

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!