Doubt about SFTP connection - SFTP Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

what's the use of the sftp-access entry in the shared folders privileges if at the end the privileges are to be set per user?

You do realize that the shared folder privileges are an OMV dialog not something added by the sftp plugin? group privileges can be used with other plugins like samba. They just aren't used with the sftp plugin.

So, yes, it seems super simple to click the sftp-access group checkbox and expect the plugin to do the rest but it doesn't work that way nor do I want to try and code that nightmare.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You do realize that the shared folder privileges are an OMV dialog not something added by the sftp plugin? group privileges can be used with other plugins like samba. They just aren't used with the sftp plugin.

So, yes, it seems super simple to click the sftp-access group checkbox and expect the plugin to do the rest but it doesn't work that way nor do I want to try and code that nightmare.

Sure I realize that, this is exactly why I was asking what that entry (sftp-access) did into the dialog. Now I know it does nothing. Maybe it could be removed from there just to not be confusing for other users?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe it could be removed from there just to not be confusing for other users?

No. Once again, it is an OMV dialog. The plugin can't change it. This plugin has been around for 4 years and it hasn't seemed to be an issue until now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• No. Once again, it is an OMV dialog. The plugin can't change it. This plugin has been around for 4 years and it hasn't seemed to be an issue until now.

Ook, English is not my native language so if I understand this right, the sftp-access string in the privileges tab is added by omv itself and not by the plugin. Correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

the sftp-access string in the privileges tab is added by omv itself and not by the plugin. Correct?

Yes, the privileges dialog shows all groups and users. Since sftp-access is a group, it is shown in the dialog. If you created other groups, they would be shown in that dialog too.

When you click the "Show Privileges" icon on the Shared Folder dropdown in the sftp plugin, you are technically leaving the sftp plugin. Since you are adding access for a user in the sftp, groups make no sense even though they are listed.

• steakhutzeee

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!