Backup Options / Opinions Please :)

• Hello all,

I want to thank everyone from the start for any help given. I really do appreciate it. So to start of I am not a noob but not a pro either. I can copy and paste code. I can read code to an extent to diagnose errors. I do not know linux commands off the top of my head though lol.

I am currently running OMV 4.1.35 on a intel i7 HP desktop with 16Gb RAM. I have a 6TB SATA hard drive and a 120GB SSD in this desktop/NAS. I use the SSD for OMV and the 6TB for my media/movies. All I do on this desktop/NAS is run Plex for my family and I. It works great. Now since I am big on backing my data up. I need to find a good way to backup my media to my 8tb usb external that is setup on my Raspberry pi 4 (OMV 4.1.35). Now this backup solution/program needs to be done remotely. I have my plex NAS at my parents who has awesome internet speeds and the raspberry is at my place which has great download speeds.

Now I have looked into a couple solutions but none really seem to work fully for my needs (owncloud, nextcloud, UrBackup). The only thing I have even remotely been able to get to work is Rsync. I was able to get Rsync to sync/backup every other day, but it seemed to miss files or not sync everything. I know this because I lost my hard drive in the past and I was missing movies I knew I had. Which actually what is taking me here. After losing data/media when I thought I had a good backup system setup. That's what let me to reaching out to you all for new programs / options.

So I would really like/appreciate everyone's opinion, options, suggestions, on how I can achieve my backup solution.

Summary:

need to backup 6tb internal sata drive at my parents house

need to back it up to my raspberry pi 4 at my house on a 8tb usb external

*I do like Rsync. It was easy to setup and it has the feature to delete files that have been moved or renamed (cause I organize my movies). I am fine to continue using it if I can figure out why it's not syncing everything (could permission cause a problem?).

**I am learning docker. I feel I am going to need to use docker since OMV 5 is docker based as far as I can tell.

Thanks again everyone for any help!! Have a great rest of your day!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was able to get Rsync to sync/backup every other day, but it seemed to miss files or not sync everything.

Sorry, this must be a configuration problem.

Now I have looked into a couple solutions but none really seem to work fully for my needs (owncloud, nextcloud, UrBackup).

What are you missing in UrBackup?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!