Finally: my custom background image back

• During OMV3 I used a nice background image, but after the upgrade to OMV4 it did not work anymore and I did not bother ..

Today I took the time to see why it did not work anymore.. Ahhh omv-custom.css has been changed to theme-custom.css

From my old nas I found the old file, copied the only interesting part to the new file and it was working. Even my old background image was still present ..

Just as I am about to turn that old NAS off ..

Background image now under OMV5 (logo of OMV in the lower right is preserved, this is example image (cut 'n paste))

RyapbB9.jpg

Happy to have my Whale (30TB) almost ready ;)

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von aroundmyroom ()

• I would love to know more about this!

I wanted to get into theming the UI, but my research a while ago led to methods now obsolete. Changing the background image could be a great start!

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using nano create the file at /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css

Firefox has a developer tool you can use to see what is going on under the hood of any web page.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Agricola ()

• auanasgheps I have added the following to the theme-custom.css as stated by Agricola

/******************************************************************************/

/* Login page */

/******************************************************************************/

/*body# */

.login-page {

/** background: #2e2e2e; */

background: url("/images/server.jpg") no-repeat center center fixed;

background-size: cover;

}

and I put the image server.jpg in /images/

/var/www/openmediavault/images

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• Thank you friends, I love this little guide.

I also changed my background, looks more professional now :thumbup:

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here are a couple of posts that provide more ideas for customizing css. It's nice to have something visual to distinguish one server from another to help avoid modifying the wrong machine, as in main server/backup server/test server. I have been working on a red theme based on the css in these two posts, but it is not quite ready. I am still tracking down a couple of elements:

• Hello everyone,

I'd like to change my background too, but how the hell do you put the image you want in /var/www/openmediavault/images ?

I don't know how to copy a file to that directory from my computer (windows 10).

Is it possible via ssh ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can do it with Filezilla using SFTP (ssh file transfer protocoll).

For this you need a user in the ssh group. "root" will do as well.

Another option is to copy the file to a smb share. Then copy it from the CLI to the location on the root filesystem using cp command.

• winscp is also a way to add the image to the server ;)

• One of my backgrounds ;) Guess the name of the nas ;)

• Hi,

Let me share my dark mode.

See post #3 for howTO.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey. Looks nice. Thanks for the HT. I’ve got some themes of my own I should share. The different colors come in handy if you’re running more than one server (you all are, aren’t you?) so you can tell them apart at a glance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here's the theme I use for my main server:

Begining on line 72 is a section on adding a name to your server in the upper left menu bar. This involves creating an .svg image in Inkscape with the following font: URW Gothic L/Normal/30px/1.25 spacing. URW Gothic L is the font used in the Openmediavault logo. The personalized logo on the left makes a nice compliment to the OMV logo in the middle of the page. you will have to adjust this section to your created logo. Here are a couple of screenshots of a machine with this theme.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

• Hi, im using OMV5 I will like to change just the background image.

I have placed a new image in /var/www/openmediavault/images

But what have i to change to point the default page to point to that image?

Thanks

• This procedure unfortunately doesn't work with OMV6.

I thought so because the whole UI has changed, but I still tried to apply the procedure.

On OMV6, simply browse to /var/www/openmediavault/assets/images and replace benjamin-lehman-GNyjCePVRs8-unsplash.jpg with another picture using the same name, since the config is pointing to that file. I still have to find the config file so any name can be used, but will not change the end result.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!