Looking to Move from Unraid

• I am looking to move from unraid to OMV. So i can snapraid and zfs.

Right i now i have 10disk array in unraid with 2 disk for parity.

The disks are xfs formatted. What is the best way to move the over to snapraid in omv without losing data?

I will be using seperate zfs array for critical data

• Offizieller Beitrag

snapraid works on top of existing filesystems. So, if they are xfs, you would just need to move data off two disks (if you want two parity disks) and just start using it. No data loss.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am in an almost identical situation, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone? I am moving from UnRAID to OMV, have a 12 bay SuperMicro chassis with two parity disks, but what is slightly different is that I am using two Mellanox ConnectX-2 10Gb vards to create a 10 gig P2P link to transfer approximately 24TB worth of data and seed the OMV (which will start off being a backup NAS, but which I want to convert to my main NAS afterward). I then intend to use an RSync script to create/maintain incremental backups.

Is there a tutorial regarding transferring the data? It would seem to be the one difference in our two scenarios.

• I am in an almost identical situation, so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone? I am moving from UnRAID to OMV, have a 12 bay SuperMicro chassis with two parity disks, but what is slightly different is that I am using two Mellanox ConnectX-2 10Gb vards to create a 10 gig P2P link to transfer approximately 24TB worth of data and seed the OMV (which will start off being a backup NAS, but which I want to convert to my main NAS afterward). I then intend to use an RSync script to create/maintain incremental backups.

Is there a tutorial regarding transferring the data? It would seem to be the one difference in our two scenarios.

I have 6 4tb disks that i could use to transfer the data...but i need about 65tb to be able to transfer

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am running into is snapraid plugin does not see my disks. I can see them in disks tab

Read problem #2 here - Solutions to common problems

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Then maybe I was a bit premature in saying our scenarios were similar! I have - totalled it up - 29TB of data, and 2 x 4TB 3.5 inch SATA drives, 72 x 4 TB 3.5 inch SAS drives, 72 x 1 TB SATA drives and probably 20+ miscellaneous SSDs of between 100GB and 1 TB which I could use. I have one 12 bay UnRAID NAS, 2 other Supermicro 12 bay chassis, 3 Dell R720xd chassis (each with 24 2.5 inch bays), one SuperMicro 16 bay chassis and one SuperMicro 24 bay chassis. I want to build a server in one of the 12 bay chassis (housing 12 x 4 TB drives) with a 12 bay disk shelf attached at a later date, and transfer the files across with as little trouble (and as little time) as possible.

• I have successfully mounted my unraid xfs formatted disks in omv. Wiped parity drives.Snapraid Sync is running now.

Just need to figure out cron schedule of snapraid.

Then off to setting up the ZFS array.Then work on sync between freenas and omv for ZFS array.

• I run a third party snapRAID script that does a diff, sync, and scrub on cron every fourth day at 3:00am. It takes just under three hours to run.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Do you mind sharing the script?

Thanks in advance

This one here:

Code
    https://gist.github.com/mtompkins/91cf0b8be36064c237da3f39ff5cc49d

It needs a minor change though. Comment out the wait statements with a # on lines: 145,194,207,229,249,313,370,382, and 401.

There are other similar scripts out there.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wish someone who uses snapraid would update and/or replace the script in the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am willing to take up that and AD integration plugin...I write java and groovy code for Job .Is there a documentation how to start plugin development?

There isn't much up to date docs. This is the most recent plugin guide - https://github.com/skyajal/diypluginguide3.x. The best suggestion I have is looking at the source code for OMV and the plugins and ask questions. I will try to answer anything you ask.
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

https://github.com/OpenMediaVault/openmediavault

This AD plugin is super old and not finished. Not sure if it will help

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…diavault-active-directory

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!