Secure FTP

• Hi, Hopefully someone can help.

I need to set up an FTP server, I could do with the connection being encrypted.

So I have installed OMV on a spare Raspberry Pi that I had and have configured it with SMB so that I can get files onto it and FTP so that a remote party can also grab files.

At the moment I am doing all of this within my home network so there is no firewall in the way.

If I set up FTP and log in with my user it works, I can access files and upload new ones, however if I enable SSL/TLS connections I get a message saying the directory listing cannot be retreived.

this is the log from filezilla:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/" is the current directory

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Type set to I

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,133,200,65).

Command: LIST

Response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file list

Response: 425 Unable to build data connection: Operation not permitted

Any help would be appreciated :)

• If I set up FTP and log in with my user it works, I can access files and upload new ones, however if I enable SSL/TLS connections I get a message saying the directory listing cannot be retreived.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. As soon as I activate the SSL / TLS connections, Filezilla cannot recover the directories (with the same log as David).

On the other hand everything works well with WinSCP on a Windows machine.

I can't reproduce the same configuration with Filezilla?

Ideas ?

• Hi.

I had the same problem. Found an entry in the proftpd forum that it is a proftpd behaviour/problem. You should acticvate the option "no session reuse required" a try. This option is in FTP -> SSL/TLS. For me it works after that.

My OMV:

OMV 5

ASRock N3150-ITX

2 x 4GB RAM

2 x WD Red WD20EFRX

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!