Performance benchmarks with Odroid HC2 and Armbian+OMV5

• I ran armbian-config's benchmark on my Odroid HC2 with Armbian and OMV5. I had applied the Optimized Board Configuration with armbian-config for the HC1/HC2. For those curious with the same or similar hardware, this may be useful as a reference point.

It is interesting to note that the passively cooled CPU seems to throttle to 1600-1700 MHz, while it is nominally 2000 MHz. I am also using the optional plastic case.

http://ix.io/2h7g

• No, to my knowledge the board optimizing configurations have not been implemented in the latest armbian, so applying them is pointless.

This issue was with a big performance regression in memory copy speed, which has thankfully been fixed. Just make sure you're on a recent kernel, and it's all good now.

• No, to my knowledge the board optimizing configurations have not been implemented in the latest armbian, so applying them is pointless.

This issue was with a big performance regression in memory copy speed, which has thankfully been fixed. Just make sure you're on a recent kernel, and it's all good now.

Thanks!

Strange i saw infos about this optimization on the Armbian download page for HC2: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-hc1/

It also says: "for kernel 4.14.y or higher"

• Yes, I saw and tried applying it too through armbian-config. You can ask on IRC #armbian, but last time I checked, they said they didn't have time yet to work on kernel 5.4.y configs for the HC2. In fact they said they're not happy with the state of the performance and know it can be improved, but again it's a question of time/effort. At least it's stable.

• Yes, I saw and tried applying it too through armbian-config. You can ask on IRC #armbian, but last time I checked, they said they didn't have time yet to work on kernel 5.4.y configs for the HC2. In fact they said they're not happy with the state of the performance and know it can be improved, but again it's a question of time/effort. At least it's stable.

I'm on latest version of OMV 5 with kernel version 4.14.195-odroidxu4 :/

I'm on the wrong version?

• If it works, it's not a wrong version. ;) I'm not sure if anything about OMV5 requires armbian buster / 5.4.y. As far as I can tell, OMV and armbian are independent-ish, with OMV being packages and configurations applied on top of an OS like armbian or others. Kernel 5.4.y is the latest with armbian and makes sense to use it in the longer term. armbian-config lets you choose different kernels, but I have no idea how well that would work in your case.

• If it works, it's not a wrong version. ;) I'm not sure if anything about OMV5 requires armbian buster / 5.4.y. As far as I can tell, OMV and armbian are independent-ish, with OMV being packages and configurations applied on top of an OS like armbian or others. Kernel 5.4.y is the latest with armbian and makes sense to use it in the longer term. armbian-config lets you choose different kernels, but I have no idea how well that would work in your case.

Sure! I was just curious if i had just missed something.

Anyway speaking about this, checked OMV for updates and found a lot of armbian related updates and also this (image attached). So it's integrated this way? Nice!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!