Migrating Duplicati from OMV4 to OMV5

• Hello there,

first things first: great forum! Thank you very much!

Concerning my question:

I am preparing for a migration from OMV4 to OMV5 in the near future. Since I use OMV for plain file serving purposes only, my greatest fear would be to lose my Duplicati backups.

My understanding is, that Duplicati will not be provided as a plugin anymore. So I'll have to learn to use Docker (not really my question here).

Is there a migration guide on how to correctly shutdown, transfer und reinstate Duplicati in order to not lose my backup history and, ideally, backup index?

Please enlighten me, if you can. :)

Best from Mainz,

Jason

• This is a great question - and I'm sorry there are no replies. I too am migrating from OMV4 to OMV5 and have over a year of Duplicati backups to B2.

To provide more detail - I have an OMV4 server and an OMV5 server. My intention is to take the data drives out of box 1 and insert them into box 2 because in both cases the OS is running on an isolated SSD.

Is there a way to migrate the DB that is foundational to Duplicati from one container to another?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!